Avantgarde Basshorn will frighten Yankee!

What I'd like to know how they are specifying the efficiency/sensitivity specification. There's no mention of wattage or distance.

Secondly, assuming they are using standard sensitivity measurements (1w@ 1meter), what the hell does anyone need 2,100 watts of power in a domestic environment on speaker that is supposedly capable of 109Db/watt/meter? According to my calculations, that should produce around 142 decibels which is loud enough to not only instantly & permenantly damage your hearing, its also getting in the range where it may damage internal organs! Seems like the "compensation" thang is eating up a lot of the horsepower. Hell, stack a few Klipschorn or MCM Grand bottoms together & I bet you get the same thing.

Thirdly, where's the "stereo"? Maybe 18Hz is not audibly directional. But 250Hz & a lot further down sure as hell is!

Leo, you're right ... my misread ... I was thinking of the previous sentence indicating 35 Hz, not 200 Hz. The point still stands, though, for had he not folded the bass horn, it would have to have been extremely large -- and not suitable for most households.

Nice deal with the free Klipschorns ... but moving up here in MA is not something done frequently ... I have only two corners in this house that will do Khorns and fortunately they're in the same room, although not ideally located (in opposite corners not sharing a common wall).

Sounds pretty good, though, and has certainly whetted my appetite for the "next house's" listening room.

Remember the night we all got together for some Italian food and to hear Clipped & Shorn's latest Latin jazz band... well somewhere under the melodic din while fini was trying to take natural light photos of C&S wearing out the congas, you made the comment about servicing some larger accounts in San Diego so I thought it would be a good guess. Glad to hear your cash flow continues. We will have to do it again this year with or without the din. =HornEd