Cables...

Deang

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Everyone must decide for themselves how best to recreate the illusion within their own criteria and limitations."

Bong hits used to be my method of choice for creating illusion. I preferred the Gainesville green bud and tried to limit myself to no more than a dime bag a night. LOL.

Regarding speaker cable and comments, I am aware cables have differing electrical properties. My position is, given a cable that satisfies the requirements of a given system - employing a larger, brand name cable - will not improve that system. I do concede it will alter it, I just don't believe that is necessarily better. I have witnessed on my own system the differences between cables - not with regards to the quality of sound but rather the volume of that sound. I am grateful for the link MH provided - I think I will take them up on some of those offers for my own personal enjoyment if they are still around.

On the other hand, I simply can not believe that connecting your system's power supply with a 12 gauge power cable vs. a 18 or 20 gauge power cable will improve anything (other than your illusory powers) provided the amp does not draw more current than the 18 or 20 gauge cable can provide. Of course, there are many who believe this as well and swear it is true and made grand improvements. I think they may be on crack and unaware of the wire running through their walls and to their home and on and on and on. Of course, I could be wrong.