Heresy questions...

PHIL O

I found a pair of Heresy's at a local pawn show in pretty good condition (as far as I can tell).

1) Is $399 a fair price?

2) I put a deposit on them and I'm going to go pick them up, so I don't have a Serial Number on hand, but I read that Heresies have MDF cabinets, well these seem to be solid wood, maybe birch or oak, I'm not sure. Is anyone familiar with these?

3) Where can I get a pair of emblems for the grills?

Dale...just look at the plys...there are two veneers of birch sandwiching 7 plys of core between them...Georgia-Pacific was the supplier in 1975 and the plywood was a custom order from the plant...void-free stuff.

Now...there was a time BEFORE the birch plywood was used that marine-grade FIR plywood was used, but yours are after the changeover to the birch plywood....providing yours are decorator models.

It depends on the year they were made which emblems are correct for them...any emblems used prior to the advent of the rectangular metal ones are no longer available...but the rectangular metal ones are still available...just call Klipsch customer support and ask for Trey Cannon, and he can square you away.