New Epic CF-3 Owner

Jefferson6599

Regarding the spikes on the CFs,

In the KLF line, and perhaps the CFs as well that spike is a threaded affair that resides within a hard rubber foot.  It can be retracted IOW so that it won't destroy your flooring.  You might want to take a look.  The entire foot assembly can be unthreaded, the spike then flipped around and rethreaded into the cabinet leaving just the rubber.

My first pair of Klipsch were CF-3's though I am not certain if they are the coveted version or not.  Mine have the 3 inch deep ports if I am not mistaken.  I urge you to chase all leads to resurrect them and get them back in top shape.  You will not be disappointed, especially if you jam a LOT of power into them.  Mine came alive when I hooked them up to an ancient Phase Linear 400 - "the sonic turd".   

I only paid 240 bucks for mine.  I then invested a few hundred bucks in having the crossovers being completely rebuilt by Bob Crites son.    I don't recall the exact nature of the malady which drove me contact him but there was an imbalance or loss of signal of some sort.  This was an excellent solution and I was very happy with the results.  They came back 30 percent larger than they were and his work was absolutely beautiful.

Sadly, mine are just sitting upstairs and are not even hooked up.  My Cornwalls took their spot.  My son in law has his eye on them but I am dragging my feet.

Good luck in your quest.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 3:38 PM, Jefferson6599 said:

I have to get a replacement woofer  

not really ,  getting the woofer fixed  is still possible   , the repair is not hard to do  if the issue is a buzzing dust cap   , or  a defective VC .

On 2/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, Jefferson6599 said:

I missed out on them.  I emailed the guy and offered him $200 for 2.  He said no...

After seeing how quickly he sold the woofers, crossovers and horns I might be parting mine out.  I have 3 good woofers, and the horns and crossovers are fine.  Based on that guys prices, it will cover the $575 I paid for the speakers.  Even if I bring them back to life, I cant imagine listening to the CF-3 over my Cornwall II's.  Plus I am officially out of room.  Still trying to figure out if I can put both my 2 channel setups along with my surround sound set up in the same space.  

If you decide to part them out please let me know. Thanks. 

Edited by nation45

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 11:50 AM, avguytx said:

@Jefferson6599   Here's another one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225473376926?hash=item347f42b29e:g:7jsAAOSw26ZkC0Kc

Matter of fact, if you buy that one, I'll swap you my K-1020 spare, which is for the v2 or 3, for that v1 woofer which works with mine!  :)

Or is that you selling them.....  Hmmm....

Thanks, I reached out to that guy on Facebook.  He posted them in a Klipsch Owners group and he never responded.  Not sure why I have a set number in my head, but I'm holding out for one at $100.  I guess that's the number where if I spend more than that I have too much in the speakers and it makes more sense to part them out, rather than owning them for more than $675.  The cabinets are a little rough and they are v2, so they are barely worth the $575 I paid for them.  If I didn't have a pair of Cornwall II's and Tekton Double Impacts already set up in my listening area it would be different.