Klipsch R-41PM + Jamo S 808

Erald

Hi guys, 

I purchased a JAMO S 808 subwoofer today to help my R-41PM speakers with some more bass.

When I connected the speakers Sub Out to the subwoofer (via included RCA cable), there is no audio at all coming from it. Looks like my speakers are not pushing any signal and the sub stays silent. I tried messing with all the knobs on it, volume, low pass, phase.... nothing happens. 

I doubt the sub is broken as when i touch one end of the cable, it makes a buzzz sound.  Either the speakers are not sending any signal, or most probably I am doing something wrong? 

Thanks!

93E51ABC-F3F0-47BE-8D80-95BB66976C49.jpeg

6FD94BC8-860E-42CC-99D2-8E5DBBCAF277.jpeg

@Erald  You are using the R-41PM's remote control sub volume as well, correct?  My thought would be to set the sub volume fairly high and then use the sub control on the remote.  This is a new sub or used?  Any other device that you can connect it to just to make sure it's good to go.  Looks to be a pretty cut and dried hookup.

3 minutes ago, avguytx said:

@OO1  Do you even read posts all the way before commenting?  He has a pair of R-41PM speakers which need no AVR; there is a sub out on the R-41PM.

— you know when you Google a subject and see “125,000,000 answers in .067 seconds” -  . Just sayin’ - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

@Erald  You are using the R-41PM's remote control sub volume as well, correct?  My thought would be to set the sub volume fairly high and then use the sub control on the remote.  This is a new sub or used?  Any other device that you can connect it to just to make sure it's good to go.  Looks to be a pretty cut and dried hookup.

That was it! 

Thank you so much.... It was the damn Klipsch remote with sub audio not loud enough. I thought that that remote would only drive the sub response from the speakers alone, while the sub has it's own know to adjust it. 

Thank you again for suggesting to check the remote! Saved my day... 

Cheers mate!

• Like 1