SOLD: Klipsch RP 280FA Tower Speakers w/Dolby Atmos New in sealed box

Iteachstem

New in box.  Walnut finish.  This is actual wood veneer finish, not the vinyl finish like the other colors.  These are beautiful!

Pictures are of my set. I will unbox at time of purchase to make sure everything is in expected condition.  I don't want you getting home and opening up a box with speakers that aren't 100% perfect.

Local pick up only at this time.

Located in 60511  Far western suburb of Chicago.

Asking $750

New egg currently has them for $679 each plus tax; around $1500 for the pair. Amazon has them for a little over $1200 before taxes. Also, good luck getting anything shipped these days and having it arrive undamaged!  

(For reference, the list price on these was $2400)

If you want to hear them, I can demo the new ones I have in my makeshift home theater system before you decide to buy.(My regular home theater turned into a play area when I had kids!)  You can also enjoy some tasty bourbons while listening!

image.png.5895870f7952a04b69f78844d88b0a17.png

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6425.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

New in box.  Walnut finish.  This is actual wood veneer finish, not the vinyl finish like the other colors.  These are beautiful! If you want to hear them, I can demo the new ones I have in my makeshift home theater system before you decide to buy.

Just curious how do these compare to the RF-3's, RF-83's you had? There's a pair of RP-260's somewhat local to me I'm curious about them after how good the little 160's sound thanks and good luck with your sale!

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Just curious how do these compare to the RF-3's, RF-83's you had?

Compared to the RF-3's:

The woofer section is very similar as I believe they use the same or extremely similar drivers.  The RP-280's have the advantage because of a more solid/braced cabinet design.  Where I really notice an improvement is in the tweeter performance.  Much easier to listen to long term than my RF-3 II's and RF-82 II's.  I haven't used the height speaker part yet... when I set up my dedicated theater area again then I will give that a whirl...but for now, it's the kid's play area.  The finish on the walnut veneer is very good...and it's actually wood veneer where the cherry and black finishes are vinyl wrapped. Klipsch did a nice job with the finish of these including the magnetic grills.

Compared to the RF-83's:

I didn't do a direct comparison as I sold the RF-83's before I owned the RP-280FA's.  So, this is only from memory... take that for what it's worth.  The RF-83's had more authority at higher volumes...as they should! (I don't listen loud anymore, so most of my music is at background level, except for a few moments every year where I have a chance to sit and actually listen to my 2.2 music system... then I listen at what would be considered "normal" levels.)  I liked the tweeter in the RF-83's as it was a little more laid back than a lot of my other Klipsch speakers.  However, the RP-280FA's are intended for a different use, or at least I think they are.  The RP's are great for home theater, where as I wouldn't waste the RF-82's as a left/right channel as it's way too much speaker, even if you set it at a crossover point lower than 80hz. Although, I really enjoy the RP-280FA's so far just in stereo mode when I was evaluating them.  Like I said before, they are more balanced and easy to listen to than the RF-3 II's and RF-82 II's. 

If you have a chance to pick up a set for a decent price, I would give them a try.  I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

I thought you had already sold these or am I thinking of another pair?  I hope original buyer didn’t back out on you

I did just sell them. (See picture from the happy new owner)   I also just picked up 2 more sets for a decent price because my brother wanted a pair after hearing mine.  However, the downside for me is that I had to drive 2 hours round trip to get them...and I can only fit one pair at a time in my car... so it required 2 trips.  I picked up the second set figuring that I will share the love of sound with someone on the Forum looking for these but doesn't want to pay current online prices plus tax!  (And hopefully pay for my gas and time invested in obtaining these speakers!)

IMG_7063.jpg

• Iteachstem changed the title to For Sale: Klipsch RP 280FA Tower Speakers w/Dolby Atmos New in sealed box
  • 2 months later...
  • Iteachstem changed the title to SOLD: Klipsch RP 280FA Tower Speakers w/Dolby Atmos New in sealed box