ProMedia 2.1

schalliol

Well, I just got my new 2.1 ProMedias today (shoot, looks like they just released new ones) and it seems that there is too much bass in the satellites and doesn't sound very good. I was listening to my 320Kbps Braveheart soundtrack and it just plain sounded awful. Is there anything I can do about this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Before you blame your Promedias, do this: hook a portable CD player (containing your favorite CD) into the music input on the side of the control module and crank it up. NOW how do they sound?

My soundcard sucks azz but my Promedias rock HARD with music. Therefore, I am keeping them (and upgrading to a better PC ASAP!)

----------------

On 3/30/2003 5:49:16 PM Krispy Kirk wrote:

Before you blame your Promedias, do this: hook a portable CD player (containing your favorite CD) into the music input on the side of the control module and crank it up. NOW how do they sound?

My soundcard sucks azz but my Promedias rock HARD with music. Therefore, I am keeping them (and upgrading to a better PC ASAP!)

----------------

I have tried them with other sources, my sound card isn't noisy, but part of it was the lack of initial burn in, part was the output level of the card (just had to find the optimum setting), and part was the awful cables that caused static and lack of depth. The higher quality Monster XP set solved the trick with little effort on my part, it sounds as though yours did the same. Those cables significantly increased the quality of the audio even when the original cables were solidly connected, I was blown away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Play some random music through them at medium volume for like 10 hours or so (not continuous unless you want to risk overheating). The problem is that the 2.1s need to be 'broken in'. The speaker cones are very stiff just after being manufactured, and hence need to loosen up.