Klipsch HBR in rough condition... are they worth it?

I have an opportunity to pick these up for $295.  When I asked if the white stuff around all of the drivers was caulk, they said the original owner caulked them to seal it better.  (seems odd to me, but okay!) There is some staining on the woofers.... I cant see them well enough to verify if they are actual OEM drivers... I would open them up before I hand over the cash. The cabinets need refinishing, and that's why I would be buying them.

Do you think they are worth the asking price in this condition?  Thoughts?  Comments?  Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7570.jpg

IMG_7571.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

• Iteachstem changed the title to Klipsch HBR in rough condition... are they worth it?

the speakers are definitely worth 295$   , excellent deal  , empty cabs alone in this condition  sell for more than 200$  ,  the Raw Birch cabs will clean up real easy with 0000 steel wool   and 50/50 mineral spirits .  

the  woofers  look like the K-22-R    ,  these are 1983 Heresy 1  ,  the midrange driver  could be the k-52-H  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No worries. I didn't end up buying them.  I was messaging the guy and his last response was at 9:52 last night.  Then at 10:15p.m. I said I'd buy them.  No response until 7:00a.m telling me someone paid and picked them up.  Seems fishy to me. 

Maybe I dodged a bullet on this one....the caulk, the broken English in the messages, etc.

If another member bought these, I would like to know if they were in decent working condition.

• Like 2