Which Klipsch loudspeakers for Peter Gabriel music and good bassist?

Markus Klaffke

Hi

i am searching for a loudspeaker system up to 2000¤.

I prefer listen to music very loud and the system must be able to perform Peter Gabriels music very good. Maybe you know Peter Gabriels sound?! A lot of deep basses and high guitar sounds plus Gabriels voice which needs also good highs. It must also be possible to listen very well to bassist like Stanley Clarke and maybe a guitarrist like Frank Zappa which guitar sound only sounds very well if listening to it very loud. He also uses heavy basses.

Friends told me to check for Klipsch loudspeakers. But this is not very easy here in Germany. I must travel a few 100 miles to hear Klipsch. Maybe someone here knows what i am looking for and can give me a tipp.

This would be my first loudspeaker system. Actually i prefer headphones only.

Thanks.

Markus

Markus,

I personally have never heard them, but, the fine folks that have the Klipschorn swear by them. Not sure what your budget is, nor what your room placement would be. But they are spendy, and do require to be placed in corners for the best possible sound.

Second in line to the Klipschorn from what I have read here on the forum is the Belle. I hear they sound very close to the KHorn, but don't require placement in corners.

Hope this helps. 1.gif

Markus

Peter G's bass player is Tony Levin. He sounds awesome on Khorns. The detailed bass and stick is a must listen on a tight sounding bass horn.

If you like Tony, you should also check out King Crimson (1980 to present), Bozio, Levin and Stevens (clasic power trio). CG3 +2 (California Guitar Trio + 2) +2 is Tony and Pat from King Crimson. Actually Tony does a lot of sessions work every year, too much to try to post here.

JM