Hooking up subwoofer with a two-channel amp--how?

pnort

I have a 300b SET amp (Elekit 8600s) and 1972 Klipschorn speakers. The new Klipsch subwoofers seem attractive, but I don't have an amp with subwoofer output taps, just outputs for two speakers. I think the new subs have their own amps and was wondering if I could tap the woofer output of the Klipshorn crossovers to feed the subwoofer amp(s). The Khorns are 16 ohms. If I tapped off 1 % with a 1600 ohm resistor and fed that to the subwoofer, would that work? Once the subwoofer's volume is set, the the subs output should track the amplifier's volume control.

I thought about tapping the amplifier's input but then the amplifier's volume wouldn't be tracked by the sub.

Maybe someone has another thought.

I use a Vincent Pho 701 preamp with my turntable, but it has no volume control. Other inputs (iPod, DVD, TV) do not have a preamp.

I thought of tapping the speaker output after the Khorn's crossover output to its woofer to mimic a woofer output.

Google search for B1v2 buffer turns up nothing quickly.

Will the subwoofer output from the Russound ADP-1.2 make the sub's volume track the speaker volume?

Thanks for all your thoughts

1 hour ago, pnort said:

I use a Vincent Pho 701 preamp with my turntable, but it has no volume control. Other inputs (iPod, DVD, TV) do not have a preamp.

I thought of tapping the speaker output after the Khorn's crossover output to its woofer to mimic a woofer output.

Will the subwoofer output from the Russound ADP-1.2 make the sub's volume track the speaker volume?

How do you adjust the volume currently?

59 minutes ago, pnort said:

How do you hook everything up to the Elekit, doesn't it just have 1 input?

B1v2 is a Firstwatt product.

Yes the Russound will act similar to a variable sub out. I have one, it works very well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...