Forte 1s with Crites Crossovers Excellent Condition - $799

khorn79er

Hi there!

After a few years of wonderful listening, I am selling my beloved Forte 1s with dark green grills. Consecutive serial numbers. To my knowledge I am the second owner and previous owner upgraded the speakers to Crites crossovers. I believe the tweeters are also Crites but I'm not certain. The sound is excellent. I've also applied a few coats of Tung Oil which give them a very nice finish. Two notes: 1) the white mark on the top of one speaker is just from paper left on it and can be removed - the veneer is not damaged. 2) The slight mark on the left of one of the speaker grills is just because it is slightly pushed in and is a light effect. It can also be easily fixed. I still have the original boxes for shipment. I can ship these but much prefer local pick up in Madison NJ.

Speaker Specifications - Each: WEIGHT: 56 Ibs./25.4 kg DIMENSIONS: Height: 35-3/8" (89.9 cm) Width: 16-1/2" (41.9 cm) Depth: 12" (30.5 cm)

See original brochure here: forte-brochure.pdf (klipsch.com)

Pictures to follow

Listing at discount to other channels for Klipsch audiophiles :)

1 hour ago, winglet said:

Beautiful condition.  They’ll go quick.

If you look inside the tweeter horn you’ll be able to see the dome of the diaphragm behind the phase plug.  If it’s silver, it’s most likely titanium.  Crites or otherwise.

Thanks for the tip I appreciate it. Yes I'll take another look inside the speaker base. I'm pretty sure the previous owner upgraded the tweeters too and will confirm.

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

do you still have the original Klipsch Forte 1 parts  

Hi unfortunately I don't. When I bought it I also received one new passive radiator since the currently installed one was pushed in and dented. I installed it on the affected speaker and that was a stock Klipsch part. My understanding is the only modifications are the crossovers and potentially the tweeters. I'm pretty sure the tweeters are Crites too. I plan to check in the next days and will report back.

1 hour ago, khorn79er said:

Thanks for the tip I appreciate it. Yes I'll take another look inside the speaker base. I'm pretty sure the previous owner upgraded the tweeters too and will confirm.

No need to look inside the cabinet..  You can see the tweeter diaphragm just looking down the horn from the outside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, khorn79er said:

Hi unfortunately I don't. When I bought it I also received one new passive radiator since the currently installed one was pushed in and dented. I installed it on the affected speaker and that was a stock Klipsch part. My understanding is the only modifications are the crossovers and potentially the tweeters. I'm pretty sure the tweeters are Crites too. I plan to check in the next days and will report back.

Yes man, no rush to do anything. No need to break the seal... enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winglet said:

No need to look inside the cabinet..  You can see the tweeter diaphragm just looking down the horn from the outside.

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes man, no rush to do anything. No need to break the seal... enjoy!

Confirming the tweeters are silver so most likely upgraded!

• Like 1