help with new made Klipsch RF-83 crossover build, amp cutting out when volume is increased

Actually, I now think both circuits might have been wired right to left.  We were able to "fix" the woofer section but the tweeter section should probably be reversed.  I'll draw out how to fix the tweeter circuit as is.

9 minutes ago, winglet said:

I'm thinking the tweeter and woofer sections are wired in opposite directions.

In @mboxler pic, the woofer section flows left to right, but the tweeter section appears to be wired right to left.

Looks like the series LCR is in the center? It should be right across the tweeter leads...so the tweeter part needs to be completely re wired if true. One thing at a time get the woofer section right first IMHO

25 minutes ago, babadono said:

So why are there 3 reds and 3 blacks coming off the right.....oh yea cuz it's mis wired.

Remove the one black wire from the 3.6mf inductor and connect it to ground.  That wire goes to the amp and the the other three black go to the speakers.

Then swap (remove and resolder to the opposite screws) the three red wires with the one red wire.  It now flows right to left without making mboxler changes.  Bottom to top in the original pic

On 5/18/2023 at 8:14 PM, mboxler said:

Oops. Missed that suggestion.  @senzlez2 does this sound like something you're willing to try?

I gave up on crossover took the parts off, cleaned up 2 of my tweeter board that was salvageable and found 2 used bass section boards second hand used maybe i was lucky :) thanks for the help anyway 

On 5/18/2023 at 7:56 PM, babadono said:

So why are there 3 reds and 3 blacks coming off the right.....oh yea cuz it's mis wired.

why the F are you spamming my post with troll comments, you have nothing constructive to come with. are your life so miserable :P

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, senzlez2 said:

why the F are you spamming my post with troll comments, you have nothing constructive to come with. are your life so miserable :P

He's not spamming.  You in fact did put the woofer driver wires on the wrong end of your crossovers.

Too bad you removed all the components.  @mboxler and I had a simple rewire for you when you disappeared. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 9:47 PM, winglet said:

He's not spamming.  You in fact did put the woofer driver wires on the wrong end of your crossovers.

Too bad you removed all the components.  @mboxler and I had a simple rewire for you when you disappeared. 

I got 2 used stock crossover boards for the bass section mine was burnt up, so I took the parts on that instead, speakers are back together :) thanks for the help anyway 

• Haha 1