WTB: Set of Belle speakers

chronometers

WTB: Pair of Belle speakers.  Located in Oberlin, OH (near Cleveland) but willing to arrange transport from anywhere in Continental US.  References available.  Pls. email me at:  chronometers(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Edited by chronometers
Make email difficult for robots to use

52 minutes ago, rebos said:

I have a set of Chorus speakers for sale - I live in Vermilion.  Posting is on the forum

Thanks but I am looking for the Belle specifically. LMK if you run across any and I'll definitely let others know about the Chorus that you have.  

Yes, there appears to be good opportunities if one is willing to wait for the right set.  There was a pair that had distressed cabinets (nicks on edges and watermarks on top) plus it has the Type AB crossover (which I understand should be replaced) plus it needed to transported 600+ miles.  Total cost would be close to $3k and at end of say, it would still be unsightly. 

Please email or call f you spot anything (chronometers(at)gmail(dot)com or Three-zero-one 501-seven-four94).  

Thanks -- Chris   

I, too was looking around for a set. There’s a pair for sale locally here in central Maine. I’m thinking he’s asking quite a bit too much given the condition… $3500 and the veneering needs help…

So I’m building my own….

I’ll still keep my eyes peeled and let you know if there’s anything worthwhile.

Also, let me know if you’d like some info on the set I previously mentioned

BB

On 6/2/2023 at 5:07 AM, AudioSlave said:

I, too was looking around for a set. There’s a pair for sale locally here in central Maine. I’m thinking he’s asking quite a bit too much given the condition… $3500 and the veneering needs help…

So I’m building my own….

I’ll still keep my eyes peeled and let you know if there’s anything worthwhile.

Also, let me know if you’d like some info on the set I previously mentioned

BB

Thanks.  Agree, that seems like a high price.  Still looking for nice condition pair.  

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Xtomasx said:

i got a good pair but i am all the way in California.

there are lots of forum members in California looking for klipsch speakers and most are very rich compared to us poorer Eastern Boys 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OO1 said:

there are lots of forum members in California looking for klipsch speakers and most are very rich compared to us poorer Eastern Boys 

i am still in the process of putting either putting a new coat of oil or sealer on it... thinking most likely fresh coat of oil to shine them up before i decide to sell them... not sure yet, its wither the Lascala or the Belles. can only keep one... no space since i just got my Khorns last week.

8 minutes ago, Xtomasx said:

i am still in the process of putting either putting a new coat of oil or sealer on it... thinking most likely fresh coat of oil to shine them up before i decide to sell them... not sure yet, its wither the Lascala or the Belles. can only keep one... no space since i just got my Khorns last week.

Take your time , prices are going up all the time anyways , and Belles are rarer  and prettier too , only problem with the Belle is the K-500 horn is  shorter and less wider  and does not sound as good as the K-400,  but it still fits  in a Belle, although it would extend further out  in the back  .since the Belle is not as deep .otherwise , both the LS and Belle share the same midrange drivers , K-55V or K-55M 

9 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Take your time , prices are going up all the time anyways , and Belles are rarer  and prettier too , only problem with the Belle is the K-500 horn is  shorter and less wider  and does not sound as good as the K-400,  but it still fits  in a Belle, although it would extend further out  in the back  .since the Belle is not as deep .otherwise , both the LS and Belle share the same midrange drivers , K-55V or K-55M 

yeah, the la scala are easily found... i'll think about it though. 

5 hours ago, Callie said:

Hello,

I joined this forum to find out how to price my set of 1996 speakers for sale. They have been stored for all but a few years and have very little use. Any advice? I can provide serial numbers and photos.

go ahead , pictures will give us a good idea , add a picture of 1 tag  ,