Need input on surrounds and ceiling speakers

sumdood

Hi,

I need some input and advice on purchasing surrounds and ceiling speakers. At the moment, I have a 3.2 setup. I would like to add surrounds and ceiling to compliment my existing setup. 

I am looking currently at the Klipsch rp-502s II for sides & rp-500sa ii for rears (ceiling mount). Ceiling speakers, I am thinking about the (4) CDT-5800-C II. What are your thoughts on these speakers? Good/Bad? Recommendation? My budget is $2,100 to $2,500. 

My current system: 

Denon AVR-X4800H

Emotiva XPA3

(2) Klipsch RF7-III

Klipsch RC64-III

(2) Monolith dual 15" subwoofer

Thank you! 

• Like 1

For Atmos it isn’t suggested to have wide dispersion speakers like the 502s.  Direct radiating like the RP-600 will work much better.

If you’re adding both sides and rears you want them to be at the same height, just above ear level when seated.  Don’t put any surrounds near the ceiling.

The 5800-C is probably Klipsch’s most popular in-ceiling speaker for Atmos, great choice there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sumdood said:

Hi,

I need some input and advice on purchasing surrounds and ceiling speakers. At the moment, I have a 3.2 setup. I would like to add surrounds and ceiling to compliment my existing setup. 

I am looking currently at the Klipsch rp-502s II for sides & rp-500sa ii for rears (ceiling mount). Ceiling speakers, I am thinking about the (4) CDT-5800-C II. What are your thoughts on these speakers? Good/Bad? Recommendation? My budget is $2,100 to $2,500. 

My current system: 

Denon AVR-X4800H

Emotiva XPA3

(2) Klipsch RF7-III

Klipsch RC64-III

(2) Monolith dual 15" subwoofer

Thank you! 

the klipsch Museum had some B stock ceiling speakers a while back , at great prices