My system posted

rjb294

I also have a picture of my left surround, but for some reason the disk I had it on messed up. I have the wire for my left surround ran through the wall and I am working on getting the wire for my right speaker through the wall. It is going to take some immagination though. What do you all think about my intro system? I know I need to upgrade my TV, but it works for now will I can get some funds.

RJB

Yes, that is a nice system you got there. I'd be willing to bet it is better than 98 percent of the systems out there, especially Bose systems. Like what others said, if you are happy, I am happy for you. About the TV, my TV is not much better than yours. I see we have the same reciever also. That is definitly a system to be proud of 4.gif.

puuuuuuuurdy, I like the stand too. and yes, that would kill most peoples systems. you have a nice cd collection going there too. and as for tv's, I only have a 22 or 24 inch or something! and I thn it's better thaneve 98 % when you consider that most people don't have a ht in the US and the US is the mosinto that stff.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the positive feedback. As far as the stand goes, I did purchase it, but it only came with 2 shelves so I built another one for it. I purchased it about 5 years ago and have tried to keep it in a good working condition. I just added shelves as I added components. Again, Thanks for all the positive feedback. Someday I will have a dedicated home theater room, but this will do for now.

RJB

Dale,

I actually posted my system here in Odds & Mods because of the post you had about what is happening to Odds & Mods. I see what you mean about people not posting their systems, but posting general question. I didn't want to be one of those people and I feel that constructive criticism is a good thing, so you inspired me to have the balls to post my intro system. Thanks for all the feedback and the motivation!

RJB

----------------

On 1/21/2003 12:44:11 PM rjb294 wrote:

you inspired me to have the balls to post my intro system.

RJB

----------------

If you think what you have is an intro system, check out the attached picture! 6.gif That was what I had shortly after moving into my current residence (As can be seen in the corner, that picture was taken in late summer of 1996). Pretty pathetic, isn't it? Yes, that is a ghetto blaster hooked up to a Zenith 20 inch TV. Shortly after that, I went and bought myself a Yamaha/Infinity setup, which I had for several years, right up until just this past spring when I got my current setup. To bad I don't have any pictures of that old Yamaha setup. It was actually a pretty decent sounding setup, but the reciever (Yamaha RV-702) could not do Dolby Digital. The setup you have is, in my opinion, even better than my old Yamaha setup was.

Believe it or not, I still have the Boom Box, which was already some 12 years old when the attached picture was taken (A christmas present I got in I believe, 1983 or so). The thing does still work perfectly to this day, and for the time, it was one of the nicer models available (back when ghetto blasters where still a relatively new thing)! It has a 3-band equilizer as well as an input jack to hook up a turn-table! For that matter, I even still have the TV. Both the Boombox and TV are down in the basement gameroom.

As to why that picture looks crooked, well, it was one of those "accidental" pictures I have taken. I was sitting in the living room, futzing around with the camera settings so I can take pictures of the flooded downtown (that was the weekend after Hurricane Fran came through), and I accidently pressed the shutter release, thus resulting in this picture. I did end up getting some pretty cool pictures of the flood here, though.

post-3829-13819246182378_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 1/22/2003 10:13:05 AM rjb294 wrote:

Konopa,

Nice setup! Do you have any trouble with the 3802 powering the speakers? Your system looks sweet!

RJB

----------------

Not at all! Those RF-7s are amazingly efficient. I could barely get the dial up past -10 before it is too loud for me to listen to comfortably! I usually keep it around -25 for normal TV watching and maybe crank it up to around -18 for watching movies. If I want to really crank up a CD, it may go to -15. Anything more than that, and it is just too loud for me. At those volumes, I do not notice any type of clipping or anything - just pure audio bliss! Also, the Denon reciever matches very well to those speakers. If sometime in the future you want to upgrade your speakers, your reciever can certainly deliver the goods.

• 5 weeks later...