LCR Upgrade suggestions

Sabari

Hi All

My current setup is Marantz - SR 6013, Klipsch R-51M Bookshelves - 4Nos(Left, right ,Surrounds), Klipsch R52C - Center, Polk RC60i Atmos, Bic Americal PL-200-ii subwoofer. Old Technics Bookshelves pair - used as rear surrounds

I am planning to upgrade the LCR and have currently shortlisted RP5000F II and RP500C. Once this is done, the R51M which is currently used as Front Left, Right will be moved to the rear surrounds and technics will be removed.

The specification of R52C and RP500C seems to be same in terms of the driver size. Will this be a worthy upgrade of the center or would you suggest to upgrade the Left and Right alone to RP5000 FII and continue with the current center

20 hours ago, Sabari said:

The specification of R52C and RP500C seems to be same in terms of the driver size. Will this be a worthy upgrade of the center or would you suggest to upgrade the Left and Right alone to RP5000 FII and continue with the current center

I would get the biggest and best center possible Ideally it would be the same as your L & R I'd go for the RP-504c if you can swing it something like 60% of your sound comes through the center speaker for movies and TV they have great deals on eBay for open box and B stock:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285245526033?epid=14025651618&hash=item4269f55011:g:cNYAAOSwrEBkQcPk&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwKEA9kuo4uG0ABhTTf9Se1wBfNEc7WffnPX9PsYCunSIMwruF08Isb%2FgZGhMKao1Mjz7o2FE6vD8OezGD%2B7GcHOtlJRcjxAgszwCkuS8ODRkbccedhQZwjI0U7sRue5hxQLZk9keW9uKdkmGFr0m%2FTxq9HUNx%2BXKGICcum9q7%2FcmPYDr0kBk83pd4Dv2F9Zy8W0Jr%2B1IlJgUqhiP4Bv86v1RjG3lQbp288Y9jmv9TJEJJ07M2jC4FJvOLvR1%2BCTxzw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9ammt-WYg#readMoreDesc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sabari said:

Thanks @jjptkd. I am from India and don't have much options in terms of open box etc., Would RP404C II match RP 5000F II. Should I push a little to RP404C II and RP6000F II combo?

I'd go with the biggest you can get / fit I'm currently looking at the 6000f / 504c combo myself 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:51 PM, Sabari said:

I am planning to upgrade the LCR and have currently shortlisted RP5000F II and RP500C. Once this is done, the R51M which is currently used as Front Left, Right will be moved to the rear surrounds and technics will be removed.

the RP-8000F is  superior to the RP 5000 F II   while the price  is  very close   , below are a pair of RP 8000F for 1k$  

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RP-8000F-Reference-Premiere-Floorstanding/dp/B07G3D2S9R?th=1

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I finally ended up getting RP6000F II and RP 504C II for my LCR. Retaining the R51Ms for the surrounds. The speakers arrived on Monday and did Audyssey setup again on the Marantz SR 6013. The following changes were made
1. The subwoofer Bic America PL-200-ii which was in the front left moved to the center(below the center speaker and it is not resting on the subwoofer) as the Front Left RP 6000FII was blocking it. Does it matter if the Sub is blocked by the Floor Stander? Not sure if this is the right position

2. Ran the Audyssey again after changing the speakers and once it is done, did the following changes

• Changed the Left, Right, Center which was detected as Big Speakers to Small(Not sure if this is right or if this will have any effect)
  • Changed the cross over to 80Hz as common for all speakers.

3. The movies seem to be fine though I need to spend some time on it. But for music, in pure direct mode of Marantz, I hear boomy bass coming out of the RP 6000 F II which I need to reduce for sure. Source is Roon played via Airplay. Any suggestions please