Webpage help...

justin_tx_16

I am building this site...

http://www.soundwise.org/Expo%20Chemical%20Company%20Inc/html/index.html

normally it is http://www.expochem.com that is just the pre-release link address.

Anywho, is there a way to format it so that when you print it it will fit on a page in width? it is 780 pixels wide. I don't want to lessen the size of the pictures, it seems like there should be a way to make it fit the font. I have frames setup here... you can look at the source.

basically I am using dreamweaver here and cannot get the frame with the text to get to 525 pixels which would still cut the picture when printed, but the text would be safe.

thanks for any help.

when i set the frame to 525, it extends the frame for the EXPO logo to compensate... grrrr

i posted this in the website forum but that gets as many views as a.... yeah, i am not on my best today haha.

Ooops! I forgot tags are used when posting, grrr.

Something like:

body bgcolor=whatever text=whatever leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"

I think maybe I am misinterpreting your question. Maybe you mean that you want the graphic to be able to fit on the page just barely make it, but the text size remains the same (i.e. is not down-sized because the pic is downsized when printed)??

Justin -

If the width of your largest table row is 780 all other rows will be 780 whether you want them to be or not. So what you could do is redefine your table to be 3 columns wide, change all of your colspans=3 and add a new table element to the right of your text that you expected to get amputated... like a white image. I dont know of a better way, but I just started playing with this stuff.

Actually, I just tried it with an empty table element of width 150 on the right and it worked just peachy!

Think I figured it out for you. I'll send or post the file. Do you want that back gif with the shadow to just be on the right side of that main table with all your site? The problem is this main table that you are using as the backdrop with the background image to give the impression of the shadow to the right of the table. How do you actually want it to look here? You want that back image to extend across the whole site? This table is what is causing the site to be locked to the left but in fixing it, your back image idea needs tweaking.

kh

In all honesty, with you current form, and since you have the shadows going off to the right as you have done, I would leave the site over to the left. You just need to make sure it looks the same in Nav 4.5/6 or so as well as AOL. Also, I would make sure that at 800x600 on a 15 monitor, the site is NOT cut off or scroll bars dont form. You are so near this already it shouldnt be hard. It is not totally necessary but a good thing to still shoot for as most run their monitors at 800x600 when still stuck with 15". Thankfully. the days of designing for 640x480 or all but over but some still do that as well.

When you have a 21" monitor at over 1280x1024 min, it is hard to remember these things. I see no real need to center the site if you are keeping that shadow. Have you tried it at different resolutions?

kh