New Theater room! Should I upgrade my old Klipsch Setup to Atmos or should I start over?

Thors1982

I am moving to a new house and I am trying to prepare for my hopefully much much nicer theater room. The new room will be 13ft 8.5in wide and 17ft 9in deep with 9 foot ceilings. The walls/ceiling will be down so I was planning on installing 4 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos.

My current setup is a full Klipsch speaker setup from early 2000’s

2x RF7 - fronts
1 RC7 - center
2 RB75 - rear
2 RS7 - sides
1 RSW15 - subwoofer

1. Is it worth it to upgrade this setup to Atmos? Or Should I start over with a new set?
    • If I'm keeping them and upgrading to Atmos, what in-ceiling speakers will match well with them?
    • If I get new speakers what would be a good replacement?
  2. I know RS7s are a type of bipole speaker. Will that cause any problems?
  3. Are these speakers going to sound good in a room this size? I was using them in a much bigger room before however it wasn’t as rectangular or closed in.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

System looks solid, as Wuzz said the 5800's are highly used.  I couldn't go in ceiling so went with the RP-500 SA (I am sure newer versions are out now).  My build is in my sig.   Sounds excellent and now I am going to get started trying to tune more with REW and a UMIK-1 and Ratbuddyessy (I need to read more on it).

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the replies!!
I will have to look into "REW and a UMIK-1 and Ratbuddyessy" haven't even heard about that

I was browsing the picture thread just for fun and noticed some people have the RS-7s in rear and RB-75s for sides? Is that the preferred method?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thors1982 said:

Thank you so much for the replies!!
I will have to look into "REW and a UMIK-1 and Ratbuddyessy" haven't even heard about that

I was browsing the picture thread just for fun and noticed some people have the RS-7s in rear and RB-75s for sides? Is that the preferred method?

Generally it would be the other way around.