Binding Posts

swells

I do the same as Tigerwood - inexpensive with at least as good quality as original with the advantage of much easier hook up to speaker wire. For my current speaker project I have two sets in case I need some external crossover help with woofers. If you want to go fancy check www.madisound.com for full binding options including plates.

Be careful where you install them. Often the five way binding posts come installed in a neat little recessed cup which protects them - but - these cups are usually deeper than the back of the Heresy and may hit the rear of the midrange driver when you try to put everything together. There's not a lot of clearance there.

I am, alas, the voice of experience in this. I centered the new holes on the ones from the old terminals, installed the cups, soldered the leads in place, and then found I couldn't close the backs.

There is still a hint of brimstone in the air in the corner of the garage where I discovered this.

9.gif