No stamped serial numbers on Cornwalls

Motononnie

• 1 month later...

Pictures would indeed help - I have an unmatched pair of Cornwall CBLS and one of them is not stamped (though fortunately I did have the label); however, I was able to find an employee name rubber stamped inside the cabinet on the lower shelf. Just wish I had the other one - if I did, I would restore them with no spared expense and return them to their original owner. 

IMG_0653b.jpg

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, TheBestEx said:

Pictures would indeed help - I have an unmatched pair of Cornwall CBLS and one of them is not stamped (though fortunately I did have the label); however, I was able to find an employee name rubber stamped inside the cabinet on the lower shelf. Just wish I had the other one - if I did, I would restore them with no spared expense and return them to their original owner. 

IMG_0653b.jpg

So one stamped, no label? The other no stamp, but label? 

No matter, post a photo of the label, and stamped S/N, take some photos of the backs, showing the drivers and crossovers. 

The fact that they are not sequential S/N’s doesn’t have that much significance. If the components match, and in good shape, you will want to restore and enjoy for yourself. 

8 hours ago, TheBestEx said:

Pictures would indeed help - I have an unmatched pair of Cornwall CBLS and one of them is not stamped 

the serial number is usually stamped on the  outside of the rear top panel  of the speaker  at the center , the stamping process stopped in the early to mid 80's  ,