Solid state integrated for ForteIVs

• 5 weeks later...

I'm spending my first night with an A-s1200 paired with my Forte IV's and I'm quite surprised at how good the pairing is. I generally prefer tube amps however the midrange on this pairing is really excellent. Nice clean sound. Tight bass. Zero fatigue or brightness. I realize op's budget is well beyond this amp, so I imagine the A-s2200 and 3200 would be even better. But this is a really nice sound.  I bought the 1200 to power some Dynaudio Speakers in my bedroom however I thought I'd give the amp a go with the Fortes and I'm quite impressed. Maybe a slightly smaller soundstage and less "in the room" magic of the Cary Audio sli-80 tube amp it replaced. However, it's a lot closer than I imagined. Great volume control on this amp, which is a big deal with our highly efficient speakers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bananas and Blow said:

I'm spending my first night with an A-s1200 paired with my Forte IV's and I'm quite surprised at how good the pairing is. I generally prefer tube amps however the midrange on this pairing is really excellent. Nice clean sound. Tight bass. 

congratulations