JBCODD

Am I the only muldoon who likes accurate sound reproduction AND baseball?

Been watching the end of the season and beginning of the playoffs up in Colorado. Got back to the valley of the sun in time to see the “Serpientes” polish off the Phillies. Too bad about last night, but hope the 🐍 come back tonight. Going to game 4, which will be a first. (A friend of mine had tix in ‘85, and I was going to fly back from Germany to go, but the Cardinal beat the Mets in the NLCS. Boo hoo)

The D-backs looked great last night....16 hits!

The Rangers are 8-0 on the road in the playoffs, that's pretty impressive, D-backs play well on the road also.

I hope it goes to 7 games, and I really don't have a particular team I'm pulling for. These guys are so much better than the guys of 20+ years ago. So of the plays these infielders make are just spectacular.

Boys got pounded. Texas opened a can in the second and third inning. Mostly coasted til the eighth and ninth. Then things got exciting. Pasteboard airplanes filled the air! Prolly didn’t make network, but some made fair territory. All during pitching changes, or between innings. If ya noticed any odd cheers, it was because of one hitting the screen. Close, but no cigars. Somewhat more civil than snowballs in Buffalo or Philly, or batteries in NYC. These planes elicited the loudest cheers til the eighth inning.

And it was the World Series. Like new K-horns to a fan. If they win, new Jubes.

On 10/29/2023 at 9:28 PM, JBCODD said:

Question answered.

I confess to not participating in this thread despite my interest.  Any baseball fan will recognize my hesitation as not wanting to jinx their team.  Now that it is over I get to breathe a sigh of relief and celebrate as a true native lifetime fan.  We used to go to the minor league games before the Rangers showed up (Dallas-Fort Worth Spurs).  One of my first summer jobs was working at the old Arlington stadium for the city of Arlington at Rangers games.  Those days are long gone as the team farmed out with corporations for stadium work.  We proudly were the first major league purveyor of nachos, making fresh fried tortilla chips for every game.  Afterwards, the corps used premade chips (boo).  You know you are a lifelong fan when you're up 10-4 and you're still nervous until the final out.  It has been a long road to finally win it all.  I'm surprised Thebes hasn't joined in to lament his team being nowhere near the playoffs...sorry my friend, no one likes them anyway, lol.

• Thanks 1

Well, @oldtimer congrats to yer boys, the Rangers on their first championship. The Snakes had chances, but the Rangers outplayed them. I’ve got a cousin in Dallas who is a big supporter of the team, and I’ll bet he is pleased as well. I’m happy cause the local team is worth watching again. (And I got to go to a WORLD SERIES  game two of my sons, one of whom bought the tickets)

• Like 1