PARADIGM PW 2200. NEED YOUR OPINIONS!!!

DVois

Oops, should have also clarified. US or CDN funds?

If that was US, way too much, CDN, great deal.

If it was US funds I'd seriously look at the Adire Dharman or the SVS 20-39PCi. There will also soon be a box style SVS that will be a chunk cheaper than $695. All of these will easily outperform a PW2200.

But if you are in Canada the PW2200 does have a significant price advantage over the other three and becomes a very viable option as a result.

Doug-

That's not a bad price for a very good subwoofer. I used one for about 2 years and it matched up quite well with my system. But, as always, the upgrade bug got me and I went with the SVS. While the PW is outdone by the SVS, it still is an excellent sub and one I still have in case I need a 2nd sub, or put together a second HT system.

But, for the price, SVS is hard to beat. I got mine in the summer sale pricing, so got more subwoofer for less money. I'm sure the box subs from SVS will be great. It all depends how long you want to wait.

All I can say is the VTF3 beats the PW2200 by TKO.The VTF3 competes with the CS-Plus very well,both are great subwoofers,and real bargains.

In Canada, and for a bit under $700 Canadian the PW2200 has no competition,price performance ratio is as good as it gets short of DIY.

If interested I will sell you my Paradigm PW 2200 for $400. You pay shipping. It's about 18 months old and in perfect condition.

I might also be selling some KLF 10's for about the same price in the very near future. Havn't made up my mind on that one yet.