WTB: Heresy IV - Hong Kong

Merckx

I'm an American photographer from NYC and my family and I live in Hong Kong now. I'm looking to buy a used pair (or B stock) of Heresy IV (open to any finish but Black) in excellent condition.  I'll pay for the speakers and international shipping via PayPal or if local HK pay via AmEx or cash.

I'm restarting my audio obsession after a long time away from it and being involved with other hobbies. I had saved about 100+ albums and had them in storage for 30 + years and missed playing them. I didn't want to invest a lot of money in the beginning. And found a vintage and in excellent condition NAD 3020e, NAD CD player and NAD tuner. And bought a new Fluance RT85 turntable with Ortofon 2M Blue stylus. And a new pair of Klipsch RP600MII speakers. The speakers sound great but, I'm lusting after the Heresy's after seeing the ads for them with the Cary Audio tube amp.

Thank you!

Edited by Merckx
Adding more information

• Merckx changed the title to WTB: Heresy IV - Hong Kong
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your message. I think being overseas I'm better off buying new from an established US company. I posted here after I contacted the Klipsch distributer in HK who referred me to a local retail vendor. And was quoted USD4200.00 for Hersey's IV, which is $1000 over retail in the US.

Thanks again!

8 hours ago, Merckx said:

I'm better off buying new from an established US company  was quoted USD 4200.00 for Hersey's IV 

here's a 2600$ pair with lamb's wool grilles  vs Kowloon 4200$ with regular grilles ,   https://www.soundseller.com/   , they ship international , btw   a straight sale should be less expensive

,  https://www.ebay.com/itm/295983798509?hash=item44ea0258ed:g:tRsAAOSw6JdlRqOr&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4NGXI5XAoWJwlHdpyGgGX%2B1WyxHQsP2o3Fg8g7sElMQb96w0Gl4%2BZMqrbzXEkNmyYMKfMp3DXtB3CGwqDTocogM0Pbx9uGrgiuDIyfzhknHf1f2WoxBpd%2BevZXUQt%2FBz5p1%2Bj0QqIDlES3%2BqFHRYXtmgDdQMq4mRmgC467ZPYVdkD4SxSURfriJT%2FwUGWK%2FU5dwk1wa%2FQVlxIqFCXfZaE4cB8sKKQugSdkdaOuhIGWVoEsi2vlSm%2B%2Bruy7j1etSNIfuRr8irQuE8P6u%2BevcCYdFJ%2FvgyYs2TEu43NNTChewZ|tkp%3ABFBMhsqG94lj

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2023 at 3:13 PM, Merckx said:

Unfortunately the seller hasn't replied (messaged on Sunday with my address) with a shipping cost? Not someone I'd trust even if/when they reply.

Did you find a solution ? Another way is to buy them in the US and ship to HK via www.myus.com. That’s what I am planning on doing ..

• Like 1

Another expat living in HK here. I successfully purchased Heresy IV recently which is now delivered safely so wanted to share my experience. 

I bought a pair(B stock) from SoundSeller through eBay.

Used Buyandship service to first deliver it to the US warehouse and then delivered to HK. 

The whole process took two and a half weeks. That is from the moment I purchased on eBay and getting delivered to my door. 

The delivery cost which is based on weights was around HKD3k.(almost 50kg)  

In terms of the product, so far I can't tell why this is classified as "B" stock. Maybe there is blemish in wood pattern somewhere which I am yet to find.

In terms of overall delivery experience(Buyandship), it was pretty seamless and fast once I got comfortable with their procedure. No customs hassle and delivered straight to your door.

In overall I am very happy with the overall experience. I actually bought another Subwoofer going through this route and saved money as well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 12:08 PM, eurozero said:

Another expat living in HK here. I successfully purchased Heresy IV recently which is now delivered safely so wanted to share my experience. 

I bought a pair(B stock) from SoundSeller through eBay.

Used Buyandship service to first deliver it to the US warehouse and then delivered to HK. 

The whole process took two and a half weeks. That is from the moment I purchased on eBay and getting delivered to my door. 

The delivery cost which is based on weights was around HKD3k.(almost 50kg)  

In terms of the product, so far I can't tell why this is classified as "B" stock. Maybe there is blemish in wood pattern somewhere which I am yet to find.

In terms of overall delivery experience(Buyandship), it was pretty seamless and fast once I got comfortable with their procedure. No customs hassle and delivered straight to your door.

In overall I am very happy with the overall experience. I actually bought another Subwoofer going through this route and saved money as well. 

Thanks for sharing your information eurozero. I'll check them out. I stopped looking temporarily and just read your post. The HK3K for shipping you paid, was that the cost to HK? I use "ReShip in the US. Did you have to pay shipping to "BuyandShip"? What do you think of the sound of the Heresy IV?

14 hours ago, Merckx said:

Thanks for sharing your information eurozero. I'll check them out. I stopped looking temporarily and just read your post. The HK3K for shipping you paid, was that the cost to HK? I use "ReShip in the US. Did you have to pay shipping to "BuyandShip"? What do you think of the sound of the Heresy IV?

HK3k is essentially the shipping cost you pay to Buyandship all-in, to deliver the speakers to your doorstep. I am not sure how much ReShip would charge. My rationale of using Buyandship was basically trusting a HK based company to handle delivery to HK. There are other US based alternatives but I somehow got a mixed impression on those companies from various online community posts so decided on Buyandship. But I might be wrong. 

Love the sounds so far driven by Naim Uniti Atom. However, I am rather new to Hi-Fi equipments and I recently moved up from active speakers set up so I am not experienced enough to talk with credibility. For relatively small space we have in HK it could be an overkill. That said, my family members are all impressed, we all love the aesthetics so I am quite happy. Some people suggest Wharfedale Linton. It looks great, and it is much easier to get in HK and is notably cheaper than Heresy so I think that's worth a look as well.   

5 hours ago, eurozero said:

HK3k is essentially the shipping cost you pay to Buyandship all-in, to deliver the speakers to your doorstep. I am not sure how much ReShip would charge. My rationale of using Buyandship was basically trusting a HK based company to handle delivery to HK. There are other US based alternatives but I somehow got a mixed impression on those companies from various online community posts so decided on Buyandship. But I might be wrong. 

Love the sounds so far driven by Naim Uniti Atom. However, I am rather new to Hi-Fi equipments and I recently moved up from active speakers set up so I am not experienced enough to talk with credibility. For relatively small space we have in HK it could be an overkill. That said, my family members are all impressed, we all love the aesthetics so I am quite happy. Some people suggest Wharfedale Linton. It looks great, and it is much easier to get in HK and is notably cheaper than Heresy so I think that's worth a look as well.   

Thanks for all of your information. Aesthetics are everything!

I'm relatively new to hi-fi as well. After looking around locally and almost buying a set of JBL's (the seller was difficult and I held off), I bought a set of Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-600M II on Amazon. The size and price were terrific. I locally found a vintage NAD 3020e amp, CD player and tuner. And a belt drive Fluance turntable. The design and aesthetics of the NAD amp I always found very cool. I kept all of my old records in storage and mostly play vinyl.

Not long after I bought my Klipsch speakers I saw an ad for the Heresy IV's featuring the stunning tube amplifier by Carey Audio (I didn't know who made it but quickly found out). And the Hersey IV bug bit me. I don't need those speakers but definitely want them. 

• 4 weeks later...

I finally bought a new pair of B stock Heresy IV's on eBay from a US company. I'm using BuyandShip (based on eurozero experience) to deliver from a warehouse in the US to HK. And expect to receive them in about 1 week.

Unfortunately BuyandShip has made this process unnecessarily complicated compared to ReShip. Live and learn..

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 2:24 PM, Merckx said:

I finally bought a new pair of B stock Heresy IV's on eBay from a US company. I'm using BuyandShip (based on eurozero experience) to deliver from a warehouse in the US to HK. And expect to receive them in about 1 week.

Unfortunately BuyandShip has made this process unnecessarily complicated compared to ReShip. Live and learn..

Congratulations! Has it arrived? I will try ReShip next time. I agree Buyandship is not that intuitive.

i need to buy a new set of grills as my cats are tearing them apart. Bought a pair of stands too to raise the speakers for that reason!

Edited by eurozero