Genuinely Impressed with New RP Line That I've Heard; RP-500m-II & RP-160m Bookshelf Speakers

jjptkd

I just picked up another pair of the newer RP line these are current model RP-500m-II's Onecall had them on sale for $236 shipped on open box but these had never been removed just slight damage to the shipping box. Now these don't have the bass output the RP-160m's have but they also don't have that very noticeable gap in the midrange overall a very nice balanced sound that is smooth yet detailed, very easy to listen to with a much larger sound than their tiny footprint would have you believe. It's been awhile since I've owned any of the Heresy variants but going on memory I'd say these would give the H-1 through III a real run for their money. Wondering if the @Chief bonehead had a hand in their design updates? 

I have the RP160s and can’t for the life of me figure out how I got them new for $250. They go head to head with my old RF Towers until the volume gets really loud and the bass gets heavy. Amazing value. I also have Cornwall IVs and KLF 20s but if these were the only speakers I could buy, life would be just fine. Hell, maybe better because then I couldn’t obsess so much. 

• Like 2