A/B speaker setup with Onkyo

MrT58

TX-SR805 AV receiver.   

There are appx. 7000 plugs on the back but for the life of me I cannot find anything labeled as speaker B... For that matter I cannot find a switch on the front or remote that lets me do that either.   They use these zone designators, but that does not let me switch from speaker a to b for comparison, since it does not use the same inputs.. (at least from what I can read or tell).

Anyone ever deal with this before?  I like the unit, but this is kind of nuts...  

3 hours ago, MrT58 said:

TX-SR805 AV receiver.   

There are appx. 7000 plugs on the back but for the life of me I cannot find anything labeled as speaker B... For that matter I cannot find a switch on the front or remote that lets me do that either.   They use these zone designators, but that does not let me switch from speaker a to b for comparison, since it does not use the same inputs.. (at least from what I can read or tell).

Anyone ever deal with this before?  I like the unit, but this is kind of nuts...  

You should be able to apply Zone 2 for your speaker B set. It helps to have the AVR connected to a TV, so you can see the On Screen Display as you scroll thru the menus.

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

You should be able to apply Zone 2 for your speaker B set. It helps to have the AVR connected to a TV, so you can see the On Screen Display as you scroll thru the menus.

Thanks for that, no tv hooked up, just using it for audio.     but good excuse to add one to the shop. 

2 hours ago, MrT58 said:

Thanks for that, no tv hooked up, just using it for audio.     but good excuse to add one to the shop. 

With a receiver like that, you’ll absolutely need a TV to navigate all the available menus to make sure everything is set up correctly.

• Like 1

Everything is working fine now.  I can see the menus have things setup as expected.  It took the remotes and receiver a day to reacclimate to being used.  This stuff has been just sitting for several years.  Xmas came today with some new Focal 926 speakers for 2 ch.  A truly nice addition if you like vocals, jazz and a sparkling top.  Great to see you.