Klipsch AW-650

pdsdownunder

image.png.7affb03618dc5b402bb95193d5040510.png

Hi All,

Doing some reno's in backyard and part of it will be a outdoor under garage eve, a drop down screen with projector etc, on much investigations decided on the AW-650 speakers.

I'm struggle to decide on a amp to drive them, initially it'll only be the pair of them overlooking my pool area where I'm hoping to float around in whilst enjoying movies, sports and some music. I'm in 2 minds to buying an AVR system as that may be overkill but in short, have come across the American Pyle amps. They seem to fit nicely in the price vs reward category:)......being in Australia, I've heard very little about them and was wondering if they worthwhile spending say $400-500 USD for a new one. I'm used to sort of the med-hi range brands like Integra, Musical Fidelity, Marantz, Yamaha Denon etc. ranges, but just don't see the value in spending that kind of money on something that I'm not going to be picky on when it comes to sound staging etc. Just want good clean reliable sound to complement the klips........Would they be worthwhile considering??  or are their other suggestions to consider??

Edited by pdsdownunder
First time usage:)

Went with the Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 Channel AV Receiver:).....had the Yamaha amps before and although I wasn't happy with the constant delayed firmware upgrades for the price and age, I'm hoping all the glitches have been sorted out in this range:)......as an amp to build on for future use VS price I'm sure it'll do, don't mind their neutral balanced sound, got a spare Sonos Sub 3 speaker I might try out with the klips as well....happy floating around with couple wines, I'm sure I'll be driving the neighbors insane:)

39 minutes ago, pdsdownunder said:

Went with the Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 Channel AV Receiver:).....had the Yamaha amps before and although I wasn't happy with the constant delayed firmware upgrades for the price and age, I'm hoping all the glitches have been sorted out in this range:)......as an amp to build on for future use VS price I'm sure it'll do, don't mind their neutral balanced sound, got a spare Sonos Sub 3 speaker I might try out with the klips as well....happy floating around with couple wines, I'm sure I'll be driving the neighbors insane:)

Makes for better neighbors... enjoy