taking hearing damage to the next level

prodj101

well, my RF-5's are due for delivery tomorrow, so they'll be here when I get home. finally get some other reference stuff aside from the RSW-15. these should be a much better match for the sub than the SF-2's, though I must say the SF-2's have done well for the close to 2 years that I've had them. just one more pair of speakers to cram into my bedroom 11.gif

What a coincidence... my Sennheiser HD-580's are arriving tomorrow as well! How odd...

Hope you enjoy them... you should. Wish had some RF-5's, but my system suits me fine.

I just wish I had a decent amp for these cans... would prefer tube, but I know so little about tube designs and am afraid of failure...

I have looked at several schems... found one I really like. It uses two double triodes ( an E88CC and a 6AS7-G). But I don't like it's power supply, more specifically the heater supply. I really don't like it using an opamp regulator... the point of doing a tube amp, to me, was to avoid opamps. So, I found another power supply. It is 5Y3GT rectified, but has an output voltage WAY higher than I need. I just really don't know how to adjust this properly without screwing something up, and lack the tools to check voltage (unless my dad has them...) so...

But I would REALLY like to do a tube amp.

----------------

On 1/31/2003 12:51:44 AM prodj101 wrote:

yeah, I'll be sure to post my 2 cents on the topic. plus brag to you a little bit about how I'm once again in the lead
16.gif

----------------

Whaadddayaa mean in the lead???3.gif

My speaks are as old as I am and they sound greeeaaaaat9.gif

Seriously though My heresies can crank with the best of them.

Although I must say those RF5's look mighty nice.

Congrats on the new speakers, you've got an incredible setup going on there.

What kind of amps do you use with your stuff??

*edit* I just got the bright idea to look at you sig, DUH

Peace, Josh