RP-600m ii as rear surround speakers in 5.1 system?

ksquared

At the moment it is RF7II and the RC7 center, and the R112SW. It has been fine for some time. As an aside, I can't imagine why people have two subwoofers, just this one shakes the room.

But, there is an opportunity and I could get an additional two RP-600m ii speakers. Then I'd have the 5.1 system. I've been trying to research, and on a rare occasion the RP-600m (or RP-600m ii) has been mentioned as rear speakers. One suggestion was from 001, with 73.3k posts (at that time) so I'm thinking they know what they're talking about.

So I'm hoping an expert or two might help out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ksquared said:

Hey billybob, you've got 21.2k posts, EXPERT in my opinion!

And as a serious note, you and all the people who take the time to make the posts are greatly appreciated. 

Appreciate the sentiment. However, folks on here with 100 or less posts can be experts. Thanks

16 minutes ago, ksquared said:

At the moment it is RF7II and the RC7 center, and the R112SW. It has been fine for some time. As an aside, I can't imagine why people have two subwoofers, just this one shakes the room.

But, there is an opportunity and I could get an additional two RP-600m ii speakers. Then I'd have the 5.1 system. I've been trying to research, and on a rare occasion the RP-600m (or RP-600m ii) has been mentioned as rear speakers. One suggestion was from 001, with 73.3k posts (at that time) so I'm thinking they know what they're talking about.

So I'm hoping an expert or two might help out.

Two subwoofers will even out the frequency response within your room so that your peaks and nulls aren’t so large.  It’s not always about playing louder.

Any of the larger RP bookshelf speakers will work great as surrounds.  Just remember that in a 5.1 setup the surrounds are called just that, surrounds, and they should be placed to the sides of your main listening position, slightly behind you, aimed at you.  A 7.1 setup adds rear surrounds behind you.

• Like 1