Headphones...

RenaissanceManX

Does Klipsch make headphones?

Either way, can someone tell me the best headphones with in the $50-$100 price range, or maybe slightly over.

I would use them almost exclusively for my computer, for mostly music, but also quite a bit of video gaming. Right now I have some very cheap sony ones that are a terrible substitute for my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers, which I hardly use, but because I now have a roommate and we're sharing sound space, I need something that will let me do my thing while also sounding good.

Any help?

-RenMan

Klipsch doesn't make cans... 8.gif

BUt I just got the Sennheiser HD580's and was looking at other cans in the $50-100, and finally settled on these at $149. They are truly great. You may also look into the Senn HD280 Pro- they are around $80-ish.

I got them from hifi-for-less... they sell them through eBay. They are out of AZ. J and R also has them for about $160-ish, so does eTronics.

Now I am working on building a good amp for them... I already have one I thought was good, but it just doesn't sound the same anymore... they just sound like headphones on it- not all great like they do off my PM amp. So I am going for a buffered design using BUF634 and OPA627. We'll se how it goes. If it doesn't work, I will be sad and have to build a tube amp... so it wouldn't be that bad either way. 9.gif

Should Klipsch make headphones?

Is there any horn technology that can be applied to cans and/or headphone amps, or even electrostatics (like STAX)?

I'd buy cans from Klipsch!4.gif

www.audioadvisor.com also sell Grado cans from $69 to $695.