Hiding an svs sub from the wife

Bruinsrme

Go outside. Find two sticks. Paste them on the sides of the SVS. Get a balloon. Use a marker and paint eyes, a nose, and a mouth on it. Put a straw hat on top of the balloon. When your wife comes home and asks what it is, say you heard on the news that there was a crow problem in your area. You bought a scarecrow to keep crows out of the entertainment room I know this is hard to believe, but she WILL comment, "Gee dear, it's doing a good job. No crows here. Keep up the good work."

Put a crystal ball on top of it and tell her you are going to pick up some extra cash by holding séances in your house. Say its a Spiritual Virtuosity Scanner. Oooooooo . Eeenie Meanie Jelly Beanie. I see many SVS size rolling pins in your future! 14.gif

Wow.

*Sarcastic humor statement regarding wife removed*. I say some stuff like "big box arriving, its a replacement speaker," my wife IMMEDIATELY says "replacing what?!." Then we start on the "You said you were gonna sell those speakers and that amp" ...yada, yada, yada.

I gave up with all pretense. Not worth the stress. I buy what I want. It arrives. She asks what the hell is that and how much. I tell her. She says one more word and I respond "IT, whatever the hell it is, is staying but you are free to take your happy butt right on out of here. This is my house woman. "

She then takes ownership of the bedroom and leaves me to my blessed couch and new equipment. Simple.

* I apologize for any offense taken to my sarcastic wit. The irony being the statement should have been construed as "your wife is pretty accepting." I guess I have another notch in my belt for not realizing some are easily offended. Time for my sensitivity training.

Ok...now Bru comes home, and the wife as actually hauled speak-zilla in to the house..

So what has she done with it..? (I'll cover the obvious)

Used as a ...

a planter for a ficus tree

a storage device for those pesky plastic grocery bags.

ooops I forgot crystal ball stand...soryy bbb