Which would You prefer?

Johnny dB

There are 2 Scott 299s on ebay. Ones an A (I think)and the other a C. If you had the choice which would you prefer? Actually, I've already won the first one, but I'd like to get a second opinion on my selection. The second ends tonight.

Here's the first:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=3004522869&rd=1

and the second:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3005550239&category=3280

sorry, you have to copy and paste, but I don't know how to put it in so you can just click it. Thanks!

I'll probably get blasted for this but. You aren't loosing a thing with the Scott your gaining. I have heard numorous rebuilt and completely stock HF-81's and listen to mine on my RF-3 II's almost daily !! It is a nice amp. I think the Scott 299A/B matches it in the low volume area and beats it hands down in the upper volume ranges. The Phono sections of the Scott is head and shoulders above the HF-81 in fact the entire preamp circuit is better.

I know Kelly will roll over and die when he reads this but tuff !! I think I have plenty of expereince with both of these amps now having rebuilt or worked on 5- HF-81's , 2 -HF-12's and probably 25 299A/B's . When taking the entire package into account the Scott is just a better all around integrated amp. Of coarse I think they look better also.

Of coarse this is my Opinion so take it as such !

Craig