Forte IIs should I be replacing anything?

My Forte IIs have been owned by me since 2002 or so. Bought them used in mint condition.  Serial number starts with "23" so not very revealing of the actual year but pushing 30 years old at least.  Is it time to start thinking about replacing the capacitors, tweeter, crossovers, etc?  They're working fine so no urgency to do anything.  Maybe I don't even need to worry about it?

A couple things:

1.  I'm not a DIYer.  That said, if it's just some basic disassembly and reattaching wires I'm game. Soldering and deciphering wiring diagrams is not something I want to tackle.  There are a couple local places in the Denver area that look reputable and do repairs.  Maybe that's an option.

2. Not interesting in modifying or upgrading anything, if was just possible to use the same components I would but realize parts aren't exactly the same now.

Anyhow, wanted to start thinking about how to preserve these going forward.  What should I be doing (if anything)? 

Edited by MikeM

• MikeM changed the title to Forte IIs should I be replacing anything?

As Woofers and Tweeters stated a recap would set you up for another 30 years or so.  In addition, applying a coat of Howard's Feed & Wax semi-annually will keep the cabinets looking great as well.  What is the full serial number?  I, or others could date year for you with.  My 1992 fortes are now being enjoyed by another forum member.  I bought a pair of forte IV about a year and a half ago.  

• Like 1

If the network uses the small blue oval epoxy coated types - I would replace them. Call JEM for an OEM capacitor kit. I install the kits for Klipsch. I charge $100 to do the pair. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Deang said:

If the network uses the small blue oval epoxy coated types - I would replace them. Call JEM for an OEM capacitor kit. I install the kits for Klipsch. I charge $100 to do the pair. 

Thank you

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 4:18 PM, John Chi-town said:

As Woofers and Tweeters stated a recap would set you up for another 30 years or so.  In addition, applying a coat of Howard's Feed & Wax semi-annually will keep the cabinets looking great as well.  What is the full serial number?  I, or others could date year for you with.  My 1992 fortes are now being enjoyed by another forum member.  I bought a pair of forte IV about a year and a half ago.  

I was able to determine mine were made in July 1995.  My cabinets are pristine and I'll definitely check out the polish to keep them looking great.