rc-3 II box...misprint?

Toxic Mule

I just purchased the rc-3 ll(to try out and compare vs my old center speaker, a BA VR-920) to round out my Klipsch reference series. The box says it has a 1.7" titanium compression driver, but it looks to be the same size as my rs-3 and rf-3 tweeter. I looked at the box again to be sure. Anyone else noticed this? Am I missing something.

Here are the specs from the Klipsch site:

The 97dB RC-3 II center channel loudspeaker delivers articulate dialogue and surprising dynamics through its 1" titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to a 6" square Tractrix® Horn and two 6.5" Cerametallic woofers. The RC-3 II now also features internal Monster Cable® Z-Series wiring!

I guess the box was a typo. Maybe it's a collectable. :)

Here are the RC-7 specs, looks like they got them scrambled on the boxes somehow.

The RC-7 utilizes a combination of professional grade materials and advanced horn technology for a smooth response and consistent coverage pattern. The new Reference Series 1.75" titanium dome compression driver is coupled to an 8" square Tractrix® Horn and powered by an unusually large, video-shielded 22oz. magnet.

----------------

On 2/8/2003 8:32:35 PM prodj101 wrote:

what are you talking about?!! klipsch has never had a misprint!!!!!!!!! j/k, lol, I've heard alot about misprints on here. maybe you just were one of the unlucky ones.

----------------

Just be glad you got a grille with it!!!9.gif

Ha! The box says "... dual 6.5" woofers and ... a 1.7" titanium compression driver". Funny, its not just the rc-7 printing-its a mixture of the rc-3 and rc-7 printing. This is false advertizing-I want my 1.7" compression driver 9.gif.

So far, I think this is a better sounding speaker(than the BA VR-920), and it cost some $200 less. I guess you dont always get what you u pay for. Maybe I can sell my old speaker and get $200-$300, its it great condition and only 1.5 years old.