I caved ordered the cinema 1200 need advice from owners

I was gonna get the cinema 700 but decided I wanna go all out I've had my very simple 2.0 Vizio soundbar I got 8 ago it had a sub port and I got a free inifinity bu 120 last year and got a nice taste of home bass before it out of nowhere while not in use made a thump noise and smoked decided I wanna go all out anyone have any opinions or advice for the 1200 read many good reviews but also a concerning amount of negative ones about ranging from it bricking within a few months to a year, audio cutting out, people having to buy smart switches cause they have to unplug it many times etc I'm excited but also nervous anyone own the 1200 could you please share your experience 

Edited by audiophile18

• audiophile18 changed the title to I caved ordered the cinema 1200 need advice from owners
39 minutes ago, audiophile18 said:

I was gonna get the cinema 700 but decided I wanna go all out I've had my very simple 2.0 Vizio soundbar I got 8 ago it had a sub port and I got a free inifinity bu 120 last year and got a nice taste of home bass before it out of nowhere while not in use made a thump noise and smoked decided I wanna go all out anyone have any opinions or advice for the 1200 read many good reviews but also a concerning amount of negative ones about ranging from it bricking within a few months to a year, audio cutting out, people having to buy smart switches cause they have to unplug it many times etc I'm excited but also nervous anyone own the 1200 could you please share your experience 

@KevinB...may have an opinion on the 1200 system. We shall see. Klipsch and Onkyo have collaboration on a new model you may be interested in. Here read this, meanwhile welcome:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

@KevinB...may have an opinion on the 1200 system. We shall see. Klipsch and Onkyo have collaboration on a new model you may be interested in. Here read this, meanwhile welcome:

Intresting I will indeed keep an eye out for what people think post launch 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, audiophile18 said:

anyone have any opinions or advice for the 1200

hi @audiophile18,

The Cinema Series soundbars are being phased out and are being replaced with the Flexus Soundbars as @billybob pointed out.

The Cinema Series has had its issues: most notable are the many firmware issues and general hardware reliability. The current firmware versions are quite reliable and have addressed most of the issues found in earlier firmware versions. Hardware reliability is another matter. Some owners have had two or three replacements while others have no problems at all (yet). 

The the most notable remaining issue that affects the Cinema 700, 800, & 1200 is the loss of audio which can be be be restored by power cycling the soundbar. I have a Cinema 800. I still encounter this issue every three or four weeks, much less frequently though than the almost daily occurrence when the issue first surfaced. The other issue involves the centre channel dialog which Klipsch never completely resolved.

Very few, if any, of the hardware issues plaguing the Cinema Series soundbars involve the Klipsch speakers. Almost all are due to issues with the electronics. All owners agree: They sound fantastic!

I know there are some great deals on Cinema series soundbars now but my advice would be to wait for the Flexus Soundbars. The entry level models will be released first followed by the higher end models a few months down the road, just has Klipsch did with with the BAR series and the Cinema series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KevinB said:

hi @audiophile18,

The Cinema Series soundbars are being phased out and are being replaced with the Flexus Soundbars as @billybob pointed out.

The Cinema Series has had its issues: most notable are the many firmware issues and general hardware reliability. The current firmware versions are quite reliable and have addressed most of the issues found in earlier firmware versions. Hardware reliability is another matter. Some owners have had two or three replacements while others have no problems at all (yet). 

The the most notable remaining issue that affects the Cinema 700, 800, & 1200 is the loss of audio which can be be be restored by power cycling the soundbar. I have a Cinema 800. I still encounter this issue every three or four weeks, much less frequently though than the almost daily occurrence when the issue first surfaced. The other issue involves the centre channel dialog which Klipsch never completely resolved.

Very few, if any, of the hardware issues plaguing the Cinema Series soundbars involve the Klipsch speakers. Almost all are due to issues with the electronics. All owners agree: They sound fantastic!

I know there are some great deals on Cinema series soundbars now but my advice would be to wait for the Flexus Soundbars. The entry level models will be released first followed by the higher end models a few months down the road, just has Klipsch did with with the BAR series and the Cinema series.

Thank you for the reply I'm now very interested into seeing what the high end model of the flexus system is going to be hope it's on par with if not better than the 1200 I already ordered the 1200 if I have any major issues I'm just gonna hold out for the new flexus system hoping onkyo can help klipsch hammer out any kinks they have had with the previous soundbars they produced time well tell I suppose 

• Like 1