Klipsch Ordered Parts Slightly Overpackaged

TwoWatt

Well. I finally received my four replacement spikes for my RF3 I orderd from Klipsch.....

First, they sent via Fed-Ex that required a signature. I wasnt home Friday and they wouldn't leave it without a signature. I can understand that such a high priced item would have to be signed for {/sarcasm}

So now its Monday, and the BOX? arrives..... I look in side the box and under all the styrofoam peanuts there is big piece of bubblewrap with my spikes.

I guess now I see why I paid $5.00 for shipping on $1.50 worth of parts. These could of been placed in an envelope & mailed for $0.37 3.gif

on the other hand, if they had arrived scratched or damaged you would have been VERY disappointed! it is easier for a company to pack anything shipped out to survive than to adjust packing policies item by item, more damage occurs that way and thus unsatisfied customers. I applaud Klipsch for caring that items get to their destination unharmed. tony

This has got to be a new one! OVERPACKING!!

Just recently Craig shipped my refurbed Scott amp back to me and I noticed, by way of tracking info, at 2:00 AM in the morning that the package had been delivered to my front door. I went to the front door and no package. It took FedEx 3 days to do a retrieval, but thank goodness they did finally deliver the package. I personally will never again ship anything that doesn't require a signature.

Keith

No... by FAR, the most over-packed thing I have ever seen is this:

I ordered two opamps from Burr-Brown (Texas Instruments)- OPA627BP's. They are, oh, 3/8" long by 1/4" wide or so (not exact by any means). They came in a box about 4"H x 8"L x 6"D filled with peanuts. Total weight of chips? Oh, a matter of grams... ya... I think they try tooooo hard.

Wow. Five Replies.

I was in no way complaining, but just confused.

I mean, they are speaker spikes, which are virtually undamageable. They could of drove the truck over the package & the spikes would still be ok.

I do agree with the signature requirement, proof of delivery is a good way to avoid trouble.

Oh. The box the spikes came in was 6 x 6 x 4 (6 inches wide,6 length,4 high)

A bit much for 4 little spikes 16.gif