CP-1 restoration

Hi everyone. I was given these CP-1 speakers many years ago, without knowing anything about them. They’ve been stored since then, but I recently decided I wanted to try to restore them. I pulled off the grills today and discovered that someone prior to me pulled the woofer (k-44e) in one speaker. 

I REALLY want to restore these, but I can’t find any info on the woofer that originally came with these, or anything that could potentially serve as a replacement. Any suggestions from someone with a little more info on these?

Thanks!
spacer.pngspacer.png

12 hours ago, HumanTrophy said:

I REALLY want to restore these, but I can’t find any info on the woofer that originally came with these, or anything that could potentially serve as a replacement. Any suggestions from someone with a little more info on these?

The K44 will probably not be an easy find. As Bruce said, the K43 can work in its place, and I would replace them both with the same woofer. 

Here is some more info about the two woofers.

If you can score some TSCM, your C-1 will match them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The K44 will probably not be an easy find. As Bruce said, the K43 can work in its place, and I would replace them both with the same woofer. 

Here is some more info about the two woofers.

If you can score some TSCM, your C-1 will match them. 

I had early morning blindness. Thanks for pointing it out...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I had early morning blindness. Thanks for pointing it out...

That wasn't what I was trying to do. I agree with what you said. IMHO, @HumanTrophy should set the K44e aside until another one, if ever, is scored. In the meantime, use a pair of K43, or even K33 to get them up and going. 

• Like 2