Khorns in Surround Sound system?

calkevin

I have a pair of Klipschorns and I want to purchase some rear speakers to complete a surround sound system. I have a Denon surround sound receiver (90 watts each 6 channels). Can anyone recommend a comparable Klipsch rear speaker.

I do not have much room in the rears for additional Khorns or Belles or Lascalas, etc. A speaker size like a Forte, Chorus could fit?

Any suggestions, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

For the past 2 1/2 years we have used KSP-S6 surrounds with our Klipschorns. They blend almost seamlessly. When playing anything that draws attention to the side surrounds and back center, we find it hard to notice any actual sonic difference.

The perfect match will always be the La Scala, but if room is not available, and you are looking for a side surround, you may find the WDST RS-3 II or RS-7 would work very well.

I used a KLF-C7 for a center with 4 La Scalas for about 3 years. It was pretty good, but not a perfect match. In cahoots with my brother, I replaced the C7 and my rear a Scalas with Heresies (to recover some floor space). The results are great! The Heresy center is still bright (waiting on parts to correct that), but it has the same drivers and the tonal match is soooo good. I get 3 or 4 Heresies.

Nice start for HT, of course you know you need a Horn system to compliment. The members here have givin you a wealth of info. The only thing I can add as a "horn" owner, LaScala's would be fine, but for size wise a pair of Hersey II's. I use a KLFC7 for my centre, couldn't be happier.

Enjoy....*cheers*

I use RS-7's with my k-horn / belle fronts. I've not had them long enough to make a definitive statement about them, but so far, so good. They disappear nicely, and so far, I have not noticed any glaring tonal differences that would be bothersome. Admittedly, I do prefer a subtle, diffuse surround effect, with all instruments originating in the front speakers only. So, if your intent is to surround yourself with Queen playing Bohemian Rhapsody, then you would probably be happier with heresy's or bigger, badder heritage speakers.