Harman Kardon AVR 325

sb in SC

One thing to remember it's not just quantity, it's about QUALITY! 9.gif Harman Kardon under rates their receivers and has EXCELLENT current from their receivers, giving you constant, clean power. And don't let the wattage fool you, that AVR 325 will rock any Klipsch speaker. My AVR 520 is insane, never blinks an eye no matter where the volume is set, and I will soon have RF-7's getting the 520's attention.

I highly recommend HK to anyone, you won't be dissapointed in any of their receivers!

I don't want to ruffle anyone feathers or start some debate about a quality receivers vs a non-quality or brand debates.

I looked up the specs on the AVR525 and it looks like it is 75w per channel at 0.07% THD.

My Yamaha RX-V1000, a little older mind you, but a a 1000 dollar unit is listed as 100w per channel at 0.04% THD.

Is this what "clean" power is?

Just asking for a little more info.

• 8 months later...

Pathos,

I too was a bit hesitant at the thought that HK got only about 75W per channel plus the 0.07% THD. Here's some of the things I found out.

Try to check what is the rating in Amperes of your RX-V1000. I have not yet seen this value supplied by Yamaha in their brochures.

Ampere rating is important, because its the current ( measured in Amperes ) that really drives the voice coil of your speakers to produce the sound, not the wattage, hence the name "amplifier", not "wattifier".

"Clean power" I think means that even driven at very high volume and dynamic range, speakers are still producing less distorted sound. To achieve this, your amplifier or receiver will need enough ampere rating to drive the necessary channel(s).