How to buy RC3?

JoeorLaurie

thanks to some of you, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a new RC3. My options include:

1. The Wiz for $359.00

2. Acousticsounddesign.com for $249.00

3. ebay auction (for who knows what)

4. Local dealer who is actually listed as an authorized Klipsch Dealer (unlike The Wiz) for whatever amount he is charging (I haven't been to the dtore yet).

Any suggetsions? I could use the advice as I am not an experienced shopper (previous kg3.5s, kv1 and sw10 II were purchased from The Wiz and the Sony DA30ES from Crutchfield). Thanks in advance!!

Joe

Always start with the local dealer. They are by far the best resource in the long-run. Only go elsewhere if the price (including shipping) is so good you can forget that your humble local dealer is struggling to compete with giant wholesalers who are only out to take your money, and have no interest in your enjoyment of the home theater.

Hey Foost,

That's kinda how I feel, too, but the auction thing is hard not to get involved in. I guess it's the idea that I can buy at a good price from either the local dealer or another Klipsch enthusiast who is parting with the speaker I am upgrading to.

I am attracted to purchasing from someone who's store I can easily revisit, who will spend the time to share experience and who could use the help competing w/giant wholesalers who don't have the time, interest or knowledge to help me (though I'm no fool, even the local dealer is a salesperson who wants my money).

Joe

Hey Foost,

Glad to hear you're happy with the RC3. Makes feel beter about spending the $$. I'm upgrading from a KV1. I'm gonna try to visit local small guy, but his hours aren't very convenient.

I wonder why The Wiz isn't an authorized dealer? Are they dealing in grey market goods, by any chance? Hmmmm.

Joe

Interesting....the MSRP for the RC-3 is $350 and The Wiz is selling it for $359.00???

My local dealer asked my what prices I was seeing for the RC-3 and I told around $250. He said there was no way he could do that and not have the owner yell at him. I offered $275 out-the-door and he said cool. I'd suggest printing this out and showing your local dealer what another (authorized) dealer was willing to sell an RC-3 for. May help....

And FWIW, I too love my RC-3. Great sounding center channel and speaker period.

Tom Adams

The Wiz stores are authorized Klipsch dealers. Uncle's is not. Goods purchased through Uncles are not obtained properly from Klipsch.

The web site will be updated in a month or so and the dealer locator will be up to speed at that time. Sorry for the inconvenience on the locator.

Most internet and mail order sellers state; "New Merchandise, Full Warranty". However, if you inform them you're aware that Klipsch does not warranty these type sales.

You're likely to get this reply: "We honor all warranty's if something is wrong you send me back the unit and I either fix it or ship you a new one."

Is it a good way to buy hi end products?

IMHO - It depends on the amount of risk you'll take, and the seller's honor and honesty.

ShapeShifter

Thanks Bob,

But I got a better price at a local dealer that is listed on the site. The price was much better than The Wiz, so It was worth the wait (it wasn't in stock).

I just ordered it about 5 minutes ago and I'm already inpatient! I got the RC-5 for $265.00 plus tax. The lowest The Wiz would go was $314.00 plus tax.

CAN'T WAIT!

Joe

Bobg, PhilH,

I would be much obliged, if you could give me the date when Uncles became unauthorized. Reason being a buddy of mine purchased Quintets and a KSW12 about a month ago.

Thanks in advance,

Joe T

Purchased 7 new speakers, including RC-3, from brandnamez.com and saved around $1000 from what my local authorized dealer wanted for the same items. The RC-3 cost around $240. I was extremely please with the service that I received from brandnamez.com.

However, I was a little disappointed that Klipsch will not cover the warranty! Anyone now why this is!!!

they usually buy from authorized klipsch dealers. therefore, they should have warranty coverage thru that dealer & klipsch.

whether the unauthorized dealer will give u this warranty coverage (or if they will be around tomorrow) is kinda a grey area.