Holy crap did it snow here!

skonopa

Boy did we get slammed with some serious snow here in Virginia! I was stuck at the ski resort and did not get back until about midnight last night, and barely. My nieghborhood is not even plowed and I barely managed to get my car to my house. I shovelled out just enough of the driveway to get the car in - as for the rest well, the Good Lord gaveth and the Good Lord can taketh away! I just took a couple of quick shots of the snowed-in neighborhood.

I gotta admit, the skiing was truly awesome! Sad that I got better poweder conditions here in VA than I did at Blackcomb/Whistler! I actually was reluctant to leave and as I am thinking of it, I should have stayed up there. However, after spending 4 days skiing as it was, I was getting pretty beat and just wanted to get home. At the ski area, at the base we actually took a yardstick to an undisturbed secton of snow and measured 20 inches. At the peak, doing the same thing, we measured 24 inches. Some areas got as much as 30 inches out of this storm. For this area that is alot of snow! It'll probably wont be till tommorrow afternoon or even Thursday until I can get to work! I was able to get the car into the neighborhood, but I'll be damned if I am going to try to get it back out again!

post-3829-13819246551538_thumb.jpg

Yeah, we only got 18" inches in that last storm. that's just child's play. Unfortunately, the snow is now 9.5' high in front of our house. I had to get on top of it last night to shovel everything away from the windows. We haven't had above freezing temperatures since the first of the year except for one day, and our snowiest month here is still a couple of weeks away!!!