Klipsch RF3 II

Hi there. I have a chance to grab these for around $200. I realize they're older Klipsch towers, technology wise, regarding horns, materials used and just generally being 20-25 year old speakers, but are they worth it assuming they're in good shape ? 

They'll be used with an  Onkyo Tx-nr 626, or a full tube setup in a 150 sqft room. 

Thanks for any experience shared guys 😉

If they're in good shape, $200 is a pretty good buy.  Their closest modern relative if the RP-8000F.  Age doesn't mean a lot with most Klipsch speakers if they're well cared for, the biggest issues you may run into are caps and rubber. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks man. I definitely always check caps and rubber for tears and creases. 

Wanted to know more of their sound presentation. pros.. Cons... 

I'm debating between used bargains of older models , or just going for RP-500M and calling it a day. Maybe a subwoofer later if need be. I'd get newer technology and build, but the RF 3 II could just sound great as well regardless. 🤔

Edited by Noamtasini
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Noamtasini said:

Wanted to know more of their sound presentation. pros.. Cons... 

I'm debating between used bargains of older models , or just going for RP-500M and calling it a day. Maybe a subwoofer later if need be. I'd get newer technology and build, but the RF 3 II could just sound great as well regardless. 🤔

I can compare the RF-3 II's to the RP-160s, and while the newer bookshelf speakers are impressive, they sound fundamentally different from the older Klipsch speakers.  You will probably be happier with the 3's, but finding a matching timbre set in good condition could be what becomes challenging.

23 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I can compare the RF-3 II's to the RP-160s, and while the newer bookshelf speakers are impressive, they sound fundamentally different from the older Klipsch speakers.  You will probably be happier with the 3's, but finding a matching timbre set in good condition could be what becomes challenging.

I see. Thanks for that tidbit!