in need of Speaker Cable

Bruinsrme

Bruins,

I picked up a roll of 500' of 4 strand 12 AWG in wall CL3 copper strand wire from Smarthome for like $300. I have combined 4 wires to 2 to make an effective 9 AWG for my stuff since I could not find anything this thick in near the price range. The brand is there own brand but worked great. The website is www. smarthome.com. It's the cheapest good wire I could find for in the walls. Unfortuantley I used almost all of the wire.

Link to page:

http://www.smarthome.com/8420.html

EJ 1.gif

just for information.....and if anyone's interested....

my company sells 12 gauge 2 conductor speaker wire...inwall type (pvc jacket) for $28.75 for 100 feet....(that is our shortest cut length for this wire) all our wire is made in the u.s... the name brands are eastman, belden, commscope, and others

we can ship to anywhere in the u.s. and just charge actual shipping charges to your address....

for other gauges....

12 Gauge 2 Conductor 100 ft $28.75

14 Gauge 2 Conductor 100 ft $17.52

16 Gauge 2 Conductor 500 ft $33.04

18 Gauge 2 Conductor 500 ft $22.99

(these are the minimum wire cuts - full 500 ft and 1000 ft spools/boxes are available...and actually preferred...we don't have to spend the time cutting the wire!!!...additionally, there are usually price breaks at 500 feet and/or 1000 feet)

if you're interested, give me a call from 8 to 4:30 central time

1-800-328-0270

my purpose here is not to give a sales pitch, but if anyone is looking for a good deal, i'd be willing to help out any forum members....

russ

aei electronics

minneapolis, minnesota

I went to circuit city the other day, and saw that they had these Monster cables, very very thick. In fact, it was the thickest there. I wonder what gauge was that....

Anyway, I'm looking foward to do a minor upgrade from home depot speaker cable to hopefully Monster 12 or 14 gauge. I don't know if I should step up to the M's series....

7.gif

Unless someone has some extra he wants to unload, I think your best bet might be ordering Carol architectural cable from PartsExpress. 12 gauge was about $.18 a foot last time I ordered some. Sorry, don't have any left. It is all in the walls. Don't know if they have 10 gauge.

Ralph,

I am most likely going to be pulling I think 10gauge out of my walls when I get the new cable. Since I ma running it thru the walls I need to pull the old to replace it with cable that is up to code.

If you are interested let me know. I think there is 3 run lenghts of 20 to 25 feet 10 gauge.

Hey,

Yea I'm always interested...3.gif Are the Monster Cable? My current speaker cable sux, 18 gauge home depot brand, heh. I don't know if quality cable sounds different, but I'm sure Klipsch sounds better than Polk.

BTW, why you tearing down the old 10 gauge cables and replacing them with lesser quality 12 gauge? Isn't thicker always better?13.gif

One more week of college, then its spring break...yahoo!

I have been advised that if its running through the walls it supposed to be rated for it CL3 or higher.

Plus ensuring its up to code will appease the Mrs. Sometimes its worth just worth doing something than to argue about it. If something was to ever happen I would never hear the end of it.

scott

Hey Ralph,

One of my fellow hockey friends is trying to snag me 100ft of monster cable 12/2. If he does I will have a set of MCX fronts non biwire and a 3 or four runs of 1o gauge. He was hoping ot snag it this week but he was called to another job. I really want to do it this weekend. I will be giving a russ a call today and seeing how much overnite is.

scott