Belle's to Home Theater

Rayten

I have a pair of Walnut Belle's (Circa 87) that I'm thinking about selling and getting into a Home Theater system. I was looking for a recommendation of about what range of Speakers and Receiver recommendations that I would be able to get without adding too much after selling my Belle's. From watching the posts I've seen them going between 1200 & 1500. Mine are in good shape, albeit some corner nicks in the due to a couple of moves. I was looking to get into a set of surrounds & a decent receiver for 1500-1800 range. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Are you parting with the Belle's to finance a portion of your Home Theater? I would use them as part of the Home Theater unless you don't have the space or room to use them. You don't know what you would be missing with the Belle's filling the role of the mains in a HT set-up. Add a pair of Heresy's to the rear and a KLF-C7, KV-4, or Academy or even a Heresy for a center channel and you would have a HT speaker system that you blow you away. You don't need a monster A/V receiver for them to sound impressive either.

If you are determined to sell them and not include them in your HT I am sure you will find a buyer on this BB. Where are you located? What are the S/N's of the speakers, finish type, grill color, etc. Posting a photo would draw more attention for sure. Sad to hear that you won't be using them as the forefront of your HT system, you will be hard pressed to find anything equivalent today.

Under no circumstances would I sell Belles to buy something else for a home theater. I now use 2 La Scalas and 3 Heresies for my HT. It's great! Belles are derived from La Scalas which were designed for theater use among other things. i've hears a Belle as a center in a K-horn/Jubilee HT and awesome is too inadequate and cliched to convey my response to the system. Gunshots impacted my chest just like at the range.

Heresies have turned out to be an excellent tonal match for La Scalas and will be a good match for your Belles. I would buy 3 or 4 Heresies and separates from B&K, Parasound, Mondial, and maybe Rotel or Adcom for electronics rather than a receiver. You can go even higher if you want. The exception to that would be the B&K receiver or maybe an NAD L70.