SWS Pairing

Right now, i currently own a Klipsch 5.1 system with 1 Sws sub....and another is on the way in the mail ;)

So that means i will have 2 subs, not including the main sub. Now what i was wondering is why doesnt Klipsch advertise the purchasing of odd numbers of SWS subwoofers?

I mean, i understand the idea of the cancelation of the lfe signals, but with the phase switch in the back, it should help alleviate the problem...right?

I plan on buying my 3rd sub in about a few weeks but since the manual states either have 2, 4, 8, 16...it seems that they only work correctly when the number is doubled. Are they just talking about the audible decibel level when comparing the number of subs?

All my subs will be against a wall next to me...stacked side by side. Thats where im lost about the phase signal fix. I think ill find out when i get my next SWS sub...but for the 3rd, i may be suckered into having to buy a 4th...which is not bad for me, but killer for the neighbors. They already got me a summons for disturbing the peace.

Also, did anyone notice how powerful the sws sub is compared to the 5.1 sub? I mean, the 5.1 sub is great at loud volumes, but at low volumes, it feels like they lack a bit until you start picking up the subwoofer volume. But they still cant give you the depth that the SWS gives you.

Well, so any ideas to my question or do i have a valid understanding? And the SWS are not used (in my case) to play the upper bass, they are used to play the low end frequencies that rumble thru the ground, the ones that are felt, not heard (around the lower -50Hz). I love to feel the floor shaking and the walls rattling as if they are about to crack. Thats why i enjoy my livingroom system, which is getting a revamp with some Klipsch reference series speakers.

Keep up the good work klipsch...you only real competition are guys like canton and B&W...everyone else is sub par. But i would like my question to be answered ;)

I have no idea what that means....i just got my other sub yestuday but i caught a nasty fever....i tried playing it today, but my ears can tell the difference....i cant even hear the walls rattling. The only way i knew it was good is when i started getting some banging on the walls from the neighbors. When i get better, thats when ill have a chance to check them out nicely.

Sonosub?? Where do you get those?

sonosubs are like REAL subs (these are popular with DIY home-made sub-builders)....

I have seen someone built a sonosub to over 5 feet tall!

Dude, imagine lugging that thing around when u move in to an apartment or dormitory...

"Whats that," neigbors ask innocently.

"Its a sub," you answer.

"Holy ****... we're moving."

I wish I had an SVS Ultra.

Justin,

You dont need a giant toilet paper roll to get earth moving power.I have a few Sunfire subs,these are the most powerful "multimedia" sized subs on the planet,the Sunfire Signature compares well to one SVS Ultra.Its only below 25Hz when you start to feel the SVS really take over.

The Sunfire Signature would whip a stash of SWS bass modules. LOL

I use two Carver Knight Shadow subs with my MP3 PC.Think of them as SWS on steroids cubed. 1.gif

Using full size monsters subs is pointless with a PC,I have an HGS18,B15 and RSW15.All larger subs,it would be grotesque overkill.I tried

Next up I am going to decide on SVS's SS pair or the B4-Plus.

I just realized something....my question wasn't answered. I would like to know how come Klipsch doesn't advertise the SWS in odd numbers? It would also helpp if you are a tech from klipsch.

I would build my own speakers if i had the cash and the patiences for it, but i'm not that calm when it comes to electronics. I had to build RAM for a project, and it wasn't fun. The tech know-how is with me, but the patients (i hope im spelling it correctly) is not.

This is not intended to limit the additional subs to even increments only... 2, 4, 8, 16....

It is illustrative only. But to achieve equivalent +6dB steps, laws of physics require that you keep doubling the surface area.

You will notice a difference with each sub, but keep the physics in mind.

So that was only based on a physics example of surface area of signal gain....ok. Well, so far, i'm content with my 2 subs here. A third one may come in the future...but just to go along with the basis of the gain, i may have to pick up 2 more. But that is in the distant future.

Thanks again. The subs are awesome.

One thing that i have noticed and is bothering the hell out of me is the Bassboss control. That knob is cool and all at getting the right tone to match the primary sub. My problem lies when the level is extremely low. When i go to move it up just a bit, the sub will jump out of wack and the sub volume with raise extremely high, then drop down to a low volume. This happens when you touch the wires in the back as well. Doesnt matter which wires, it just happens.

Im starting to think that there is a problem with the control knob. So i will try my spare knob tomorrow. If that doesnt work, Klipsch should look into way to fix this nasty problem with the sensitivity of the controls and wires.

• 4 weeks later...

----------------

On 3/20/2003 1:51:24 AM Krillian Hex wrote:

One thing that i have noticed and is bothering the hell out of me is the Bassboss control. That knob is cool and all at getting the right tone to match the primary sub. My problem lies when the level is extremely low. When i go to move it up just a bit, the sub will jump out of wack and the sub volume with raise extremely high, then drop down to a low volume. This happens when you touch the wires in the back as well. Doesnt matter which wires, it just happens.

Im starting to think that there is a problem with the control knob. So i will try my spare knob tomorrow. If that doesnt work, Klipsch should look into way to fix this nasty problem with the sensitivity of the controls and wires.

----------------

Does anyone know what i cant do about this problem....its starting to get annoying when im missing with the controls then all of a sudden, i get shocked with a large trembling of the walls....waking up everyone in my house.