I just won my Belles on eBay....

m00n

Dear m00n_man,

You are currently the high bidder for the following eBay item from kufund.

Bid details Item name: Beautiful pair oiled walnut Belle Klipsch

Item number: 3010713373

Seller: kufund

Quantity: 1

Your current bid: $1,500.00

Your maximum bid: $1,600.00

Current price: $1,525.00 (reserve not met)

Buy It Now price: $2,049.00

End Date: Mar-06-03 20:57:04 PST

I don't belive it... I did it... I just did it... I just said to hell with it and bidded at the last 35 seconds...I had to log in and everything in that last 35 seconds...

I am sitting here in disbelief... I have never purchased anything on ebay before and the first thing I buy is a set of belles... I am not sure if it has sunken in yet.

post-9291-13819246681874_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually maybe not... The bid ended, but the reserve price was not met... Damn.... Now I have to find out what to do next... Will the seller call me, email me, or what?

I tried to incriment my bid but it wouldn't let me.... How do I find out if I won them or not?

I looks like you didn't meet the reserve so unless you negotiate with the seller there isn't an obligation to complete the transaction.

Don't forget shipping costs--notable on these monsters!

Belle are awesome looking ...enjoy? I thought you dropped the Belle idea because you don't have room for them?

No, I didn't win. I went into MyEbay, and it was listed under the items I didn't win. HOWEVER, the end price shows $1525. I bid $1600. I even got confirmation that I was high bidder... So I am even further confused.

I emailed sent the guy an ebay email, where do you check your emails at? Is there a place on ebay as there is here on this forum where you can send each other private messages and what not?

ebay just routes the email to your email addresses. If you told them you were interested then they should email you back.

Make sure you have a shipping plan.. these are in St.Louis and if your in Oregon then be prepared for $300-$450 in shipping. Post a reply if you find a cheaper way. What is your shipping strategy?

moon only the amount that it takes to be the high bidder registers. Same thing happened to me once. I'd be honest an offer the guy your high bid amount of $1600 and see if he/she bites. The email you used to register on eBay is the one that'll be used to correspond.

Eric

----------------

On 3/7/2003 12:26:49 AM synthfreek wrote:

moon only the amount that it takes to be the high bidder registers. Same thing happened to me once. I'd be honest an offer the guy your high bid amount of $1600 and see if he/she bites. The email you used to register on eBay is the one that'll be used to correspond.

Eric

----------------

So does this person not get my bid price since the resesrve price was not met? I fully planned on offering him what I bid on them. Also I was figuring that he would want more than my bid anyway considering the reserve was not met in the first place.

Oh.. I am such an eBay noob.

Ya know m00n, I would hit one of those Oregon triode meetings in your area and ask around that you are looking for some Klipsch Heritage.

It seems that there is a few Klipsch folks in your area.

You might be able to find some Heritage locally and save some cash.

Not to mention hear some tube amplifiers, like that 300b amp.

Could open a big door for ya, possibly.

----------------

On 3/7/2003 12:29:38 AM Johnny Klipschfan wrote:

I bet they want close to $2grand for these since their BIN price is a little over that. You did what I did last night; last minute bidding. You have to be careful making purchases like that. That's the fastest way to buyers remorse.
2.gif

----------------

Buyers remorse? What getting all excited and giddy there at the very last second and making an unwise purchase?

I do have one problem though if I get these... I have to protect them from a floor heater vent which actually scares me. I have a heater vent on one side, then about a foot away I have a wood stove, HOWEVER the wood stove is sitting inside a brick fireplace setting. Here are some pics I took....

post-9291-13819246682124_thumb.jpg