Help please with turntable problem

robforst1

I am having a problem with my turntable (or cable or preamp).

Sometimes when I turn the record over, the sound coming out of my left channel stops.

In order to correct this, I unplug the left channel cable going to my preamp and plug it back in. This seems to 'reset' the problem.

Does anyone know if it is my interconnect, preamp or something else that may be causing this problem.

I am using a Music Hall MMF-5 with a Quicksilver Tube Phone Preamp...

Thanks for any help or advise!

Rob

Doesn't the MMF-5 come with a detachable Interconnect where you could swap it out the MMF-7 does. If it does try a different interconnect and if the problem is still there I would say its the preamp most likely right at the input into the preamp.

Craig

I really hate to say this.....but possibly its the wires in the tonearm or where they are attached to the cartridge. I had a problem like that recently & it was a pain-in-the-***. Just thought I'd mention it. Good Luck!

At the suggestion of someone from Quicksilver Audio (makers of my tube phono preamp), switched the left and right cables from my tt to the preamp and to the amp and it fixed the problem!

I am not sure why this would make a difference...but I am happy it worked!!!

Does anyone know why this would make a difference?1.gif