Pics of My Paramours are up!

AnalOg

I corrected the bothersome hum by replaceing one of the stock 12At7 with one extra I had available. very quiet now, hum is only detectable if you put your ear to either speaker. After the 100 hr break in point these babies are starting to shine. Bass is more pronounced & the mids are so creamy, I'm now able to take it up to peak 95 dbl's without experienceing bad distortion, sound stage got deeper and taller, seems to have been a break in issue in regard to dynamics & gain problems.

Tom

post-10696-13819246717134_thumb.jpg

Dean,

I have the same listening habits as you. I like it loud and moving for alot of what I Listen to. If I had higher sensitivity speakers I might get it with these. I love vocals on these, Old Genesis, SuperTramp, Yes, you get the idea sound wonderful on these as it compliments there style of music. Old Santana, bands with alot going on at the same time get congested and seems to run out of steam. These are great for half my listening pleasure, I got the Scott 299A for the other half.

Tom

That's a very healthy attitude. Yeah, the transparency of SET is to die for -- no doubt about that. I would have loved to have kept the Apollos -- but $2K and $450 in replacement tubes was a bit much for the "other half". Of course, maybe down the road I can build something like these for myself. Was it painful? Some of those areas inside the chassis look kind of cramped -- you did an excellent job in there -- looks very clean!

These are the Paramours 2A3 tube compliment, they go for $549.00, from Bottlehead, you can order from there web sight, they put out 3.5 SET watts each. The preamp is on order from Bottlehead it's called the Foreplay, I'm anxious to put that together for the complete package. At the present time I'm useing the pre on my Musical Fidelity A300, it's doing a decent job as these babies are breaking in, there really opening up.

Tom

Justin, my comment was directed at Tom, and his statement that SET takes care of half of his music. He realizes the benefits, as well as the limitations. I would never slam you.

Oh my, Tom -- it's going to fry your brain getting a tube preamp in front of these -- really.

----------------

On 3/9/2003 11:22:48 PM DeanG wrote:

Justin, my comment was directed at Tom, and his statement that SET takes care of half of his music. He realizes the benefits, as well as the limitations. I would never slam you.

----------------

Whew, that's a relief!

Chow, I am going to bed early tonight! I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow!

I have a new room for my Heresy/HK430 combo and they really are shining!

I can't imagine them sounding any better, but tubes are so luring to me...

Very Nicely Done!!!

Does this ring a bell?

(sung with an English accent, of course)

"Suppers ready!" .........."Walking across the sitting room, I turn the television off...etc. etc."

A fan of old Genesis -- Me, too!

How about King Crimson?!

Erik

By the way, it doesn't look like the chassis is earch grounded. You might try grounding it that way to see if it gets quieter, still. Good job once again!