This whole Tweeter thing is getting me worried

Stephen328

Well, this Christmas i bought a pair of RF-3s. God I love em. I was planning on upgrading to RF-5s in about a year (using Tweeters one year trade in policy). But now as I understand Tweeter clearing out all Klipsch. I saw my beloved RF-3s go down $150 this week. That really dosen't really concern me, but the trade in thing does. If they are clearing out all models, maybe I should consider upgrading to RF-5s earlier. Stupid Tweeter had to go and mess up my plan. Then again if I wasnt paying attention I would still be very happy with my RF-3s(not that im not). God im skatter-brained. Thanks for any commentary/advice you can provide.

Stephen

Yeah it was Klipsch that left Tweeter not the other way around. If you want to make that upgrade you better do it fast. Tweeter doesn't have alot of Klipsch 5 and 7 series product left. That's with respect to the NE region. Apparently the RF-5's are down to $1000 now, but if you want them you better not wait. Of course you could also just hang on to your 3's and see what other lines Tweeter is planning to bring in now that Klipsch has left for Best Buy.

~shoe

Tweeters carries monitor audio and paradigm in some of their regions but B&w does not want to deal with anyone but a specialty/-boutique type showroom.....I hear that Tweeters are soon to have Martin Logan in all their stores, and that ML will be expanding their offerings with lower price-points...

I was shopping RF3iis at Tweeter about a month ago (at time of distribution change) - they assured me that if the speakers did go on sale or clearance w/i 60 days, that the buyer would receive the difference due the pricing guarantee. Additionally, they also stated that they would continue to honor warranty support even as they were no longer selling the brand going forward.