you must be joking?

wheeler

I,ve just recently auditioned a pair of rf7's, and after five minutes of listening, I had to stuff cotton in my ear cannals to stop the blood flow. - these must be the most horrible sounding / built coffins I've had the misery to listen; and this with a single ended smoothy + turntable! Tell me I'm wrong; That is if you think you've got the guts!

Moon, Don't fall for the flamer. Remember even when you guys were starting stuff with the Rocketeers, they were very cordial. This guy just wants to start some trouble. Of course, he is Canadian1.gif (No offense ears) I'm a Florida boy and we sure see some old Canadians around here. Reminds me of a Canadian joke: Whats the difference between a canoe and a Canadian? A canoe tips!3.gif

Wheeler,

I truly hope your not related to b/b/ member Deam. You must have had a bad amp/receiver or something else. If your serious, I am truly amazed you had a bad exerience.......if you fooling around-take it to some other Form.............

Guy's with school out soon...this is what comes out of the wood work.

Don't lump me in your weird canadian group ( Twisted maybe ).

Your going to turn this thread into a north vs south battle that has no positive outcome. This thread already started out badly all on it's own , lets not add any more thrash to the pile.

Signed : proud of the maple leaf

----------------

On 3/13/2003 6:53:08 PM wheeler wrote:

I,ve just recently auditioned a pair of rf7's, and after five minutes of listening, I had to stuff cotton in my ear cannals to stop the blood flow. - these must be the most horrible sounding / built coffins I've had the misery to listen; and this with a single ended smoothy + turntable! Tell me I'm wrong; That is if you think you've got the guts!
----------------

11.gif Vamoose, TROLL! Scram, begone, get back under your bridge! 11.gif

Yes, but i've got you're attention! besides, I feel the need to provoke. Now concerning the rf7, I realy did take these beasts home for a listen and the one sp. was falling apart! I would'nt slam these hounds if my monitor audio silver 8i's did'nt crap on them. I'm serious man, unless there was a serious flaw, the klipsch's are quite grating (insert blood spurting). cheers...

----------------

On 3/13/2003 7:12:43 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

" AND HERE WE GO AGAIN " !!!

In this corner we have _____ and his opponent is _____ .

This will surely be a good laugh if nothing else .

----------------

As you were saying? 9.gif

As far as the joke, lets not be so thin skinned. The smiles were meant to show it as a joke. Nothing more. No north vs south. Just a joke.

As far as the RF7's or most other Klipsch. Very foward soundstage. Keep tone controls neutral. If there is a legitamate problem, use the warranty or the return policy. Once I got use to horns, there was no turning back.

hmmm, lets see.........o.k. speakers i've owned include mead.shearwaters , psb golds/silvers, pro-ac 1's, and presently the monitor aud.8i's. My front end is a planer-25 with ortofon om 30 (smoothy) belles phono stage (killer good) ascent cables (even tonal balance) and of course the mastersound dueventi int.amp- 20 warm ,rich single ended watts, oozing with tonality. An Italian wet dream to be sure. so as you can see, I'm not using some cheap amp with tone controls; also I've protected my hearing over the past 40 years and still hear up to the stratosphere.........there ya go.

Hi bill, who told you I was uncivil? I want names! The monitor audio silver8i's greatest strength is in it's even handed tonal balance and drivability. I should also mention that it kicks out a lot of tuneful bass for its petite size. @8ohms and 89db ; anything will drive them but with 20 watts, I am searching for a bit more volume, which is the reason for the klipsch audition.